Best way of getting NTD converted into Euros?

Well, the other three ties I had to do it, I just got it done in my bank. But they give you now about 37,5 for 1 NT, which is low. And this time I’d like to get as much as possible… so…

What’s the best way of getting Euros? (or as the [strike]idiot[/strike] guy at the bank said, “euro dollars”)

37.5 Euros for 1NT$? Just buy me 1,000,000. I’ll take them!
The Euro exchange rate is low at the moment 38-39 NT$ to the Euro (1 Euro) … going to Europe on a vacation is cheaper now, buying stuff from Europe too.

BTW, your best bet is a bank … try the BOT (Bank of Taiwan)

When I went to Europe, I found the best rate was at Huanan 華南

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]37.5 Euros for 1NT$? Just buy me 1,000,000. I’ll take them!
The Euro exchange rate is low at the moment 38-39 NT$ to the Euro (1 Euro) … going to Europe on a vacation is cheaper now, buying stuff from Europe too.

BTW, your best bet is a bank … try the BOT (Bank of Taiwan)[/quote]
:smiley:

Well, I´ll pass by BOT and the one that HK-Fooeey recommends :slight_smile:

Do you have a European bank account? Chances are you’ll get the best rate if you do a (1) TWD/USD exchange in Taiwan (electronic, rates are better for non-cash transactions), a (2) SWIFT transfer in USD to a USD account in your bank abroad, and - the final step - a (3) USD/EUR exchange by making a transfer between your own accounts at the bank abroad. Make sure you send it as SHA and that you know the fees on both sides in advance; they will add up to something around 500 TWD, so it’s probably not worth it for smaller amounts.

Short of that, from my experience the Bank of Taiwan generally offers the best rates you can get for cash transactions, especially considering other banks seem to charge you for exchange if you’re not their customer (occasionally their advertised rate is better though).

Thanks big Doreamon, I’ll check that option too. I wanted to move some funds to Europe also… although I’m not sure if that’s smart actually.

The fuckin’ boss :smiley: