Best word to describe Taiwan is CONVENIENT

I believe the best word to describe how life is in Taiwan is CONVENIENT.

Beside All pass MRT Ticket and discounts for students.

What other things can do to live conveniently in Taiwan?

1 Like

Get a local SO to speak for you and take care of any required public interactions.

11 Likes

Taipei, not Taiwan.

Lots of places in Taiwan are not convenient and Taipei is the exception although a couple others are catching up.

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: From convenient

Get killed crossing the road.

5 Likes

Convenience stores are convenient

3 Likes

If you want convenience, stay in Taipei and live close to an MRT station that has eateries, markets and other shops that have everything you need. I live down south. Even though I have an MRT station across street, there are no decent eateries (unless I want to eat at department store food courts all the time) within 500M, and the closest supermarket is 750M away. In that case, Uber Eats/Foodpanda is a convenience (with a premium).

1 Like

Definitely!

1 Like

Taipei is 他媽的 convenient

1 Like

Online shopping is super convenient here!
It sucks in Australia, takes too long and returning things is a pain and not free.

Going to the post office is convenient, they’re everywhere.

1 Like

very convenient. until you are old and/or handicapped in some other way, then it quickly becomes a nightmare.

as a young or able bodied person, taiwan is pretty easy all around I find.

2 Likes

Australia is like the most inconvinent place on earth (for a developed country)

I dunno if I’d go that far but Taiwan is definitely much more convenient.

Australia is getting better in some resepcts, but cost of labour in Australia is so high that getting anything done conveniently is super expensive

That’s why online services are good in Aus (that don’t involve postage). Companies can avoid staff costs.

We also don’t have a problem with ‘the working poor’. The high wages definitely make it harder to start a business. There are pros and cons.

Australia also has the record for longest recession-less period too so it’s economy still functions well.

Australia is mostly inconvenient because it’s sooo big with a remote population.

Taiwan is convenient cos it’s so small with a large population.

1 Like

agreed. logistics in Taiwan are insanely more easy than most places.

1 Like