Bicycle Wash

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get my bicycle washed and cleaned of rust. I heard there is a place on civic. Does anyone know which one that is there are a few car wash places on that street. I really need to get the rust cleaned off asap.

Thanks

I would love to know this too. My son’s bike looks like hell.

Can’t you just do it yourself out on the sidewalk with some steel wool, an old toothbrush, a rag and a bucket of soapy water?

Get some WD-40 as well great for degreasing the chain and gears

BUt I’ll get all dirty and shit. :s

JDWimp wrote [quote]BUt I’ll get all dirty and shit. [/quote]
Go cry to your marine buddies - I’m sure they will understand. :laughing:

Go cry to your marine buddies - I’m sure they will understand. :laughing:[/quote]
Gotta 2nd that Jar.

Go cry to your marine buddies - I’m sure they will understand. :laughing:[/quote]

I’d rather delegate someone to do it for me and then bitch about how it’s being done.

Should’ve gone to OCS. :salute:

Yikes, you sound like my boss.

Yikes, you sound like my boss.[/quote]

Is his work/life policy: “older, fatter, richer” too? :smiling_imp:

BTW, almas john, you’ve got an extra “o” in your signature.

thanks for the ACTUAL information.

ratlung and truant used to wash their motorcycles at B&Q using some high pressure cleaning thing. However, it is not there anymore. Maybe someone has seen one of those around if a do-it-yourself option is okay. I am not how messy the process is, sorry.

Sorry about that. Yes, I will also get a can of wd-40/ and a brush. :blush:

Flush the frame first with kerosene (you can get them cheap at the petrol station), let them evaporate, and then linseed oil to the interior, hang it for a couple of days to let it dry completely.

As to the surface, sandpaper the rust then apply nail polish of the same colour or car wax.