Biden about to be cut loose?

Well, the quote “So, Sambo beat the bitch!” in which Sarah Palin expressed her feelings about Obama beating Hillary Clinton is more than a mere rumor. The reporter has a waitress source for it at the restaurant where Palin was crowing to her friends.

[quote]Besides insulting Obama with a Step-N’-Fetch-It, “darkie musical” swipe, people who know her say she refers regularly to Alaska’s Aboriginal people as “Arctic Arabs” – how efficient, lumping two apparently undesirable groups into one ugly description – as well as the more colourful “mukluks” along with the totally unimaginative “f**king Eskimo’s,” according to a number of Alaskans and Wasillians interviewed for this article.

But being openly racist is only the tip of the Palin iceberg. According to Alaskans interviewed for this article, she is also vindictive and mean. We’re talking Rove mean and Nixon vindictive.

“She’s a bigot, a racist, and a liar,” is the more blunt assessment of who lived in Alaska until two years ago and is now a businessman in Idaho.

“Juneau is a small town; everybody knows everyone else,” he adds. “These stories about what she calls blacks and Eskimos, well, anyone not white and good looking actually, were around long before she became a glint in John McCain’s rheumy eyes. Why do I know they’re true? Because everyone who isn’t aboriginal or Indian in Alaska talks that way.”

“Sambo beat the bitch” may be everyday language up in the bush. Whether it – and the outlook, politics and worldview Palin reflects when she says such things in public – should be part of a presidential campaign is another thing altogether. The comment says as much about McCain as it does about Palin, and it says a lot of things about Americans who overlook such statements (as well as her record) and vote anyway for McCain.[/quote]

And then there’s her reaction to meeting an actual black person, face-to-face:

But, then if you figure that she’s the pork-barrel princess who hasn’t seen anything wrong with the Bridge To Nowhere projects … until now… then I think Biden has no real problems. Compared to the likely lies and filth that might come out of Palin’s mouth at any time compared to Biden, I think the Republicans have been major-league suckers to have put together this team.

Are you sure this article isn’t satire? It sure reads like it.

laprogressive.com/2008/09/05 … -palin-is-“racist-sexist-vindictive-and-mean”/

[quote]“So Sambo beat the bitch!”

This is how Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin described Barack Obama’s win over Hillary Clinton to political colleagues in a restaurant a few days after Obama locked up the Democratic Party presidential nomination.

According to Lucille, the waitress serving her table at the time and who asked that her last name not be used, Gov. Palin was eating lunch with five or six people when the subject of the Democrat’s primary battle came up. The governor, seemingly not caring that people at nearby tables would likely hear her, uttered the slur and then laughed loudly as her meal mates joined in appreciatively.[/quote]
I like the way she tells the whole restaurant she’s evil and then laughs loudly, like a James Bond villainess :laughing:

Also how all the juicy stuff is attributed to Lucille the waitress who is too afraid to go on the record. Or a fabricated source.

I think the editors at laprogressive have been smoking too much medical marijuana to spot obvious bullshit.

How much time you spend in Alaska?

Great video of Martha MacCallum and Joe Biden discussing his gaffes…enjoy Joe while he’s still around.

Anybody who believes Obama is going to dump Biden has been into something way heavier than medical marijuana.

I know Drudge rules your world, but a lot of people live in reality.

We certainly hope he doesn’t.
‘Biden has announced that when Christopher Columbus got off the plane for his arrival in the New World, he immediately announced the need for a massive economic stimulus package for the native inhabitants’

[quote=“MikeN”]I know Drudge rules your world, but a lot of people live in reality.[/quote]Never met my wife, eh? She would say otherwise.

[quote=“KingZog”]Are you sure this article isn’t satire? It sure reads like it.

laprogressive.com/2008/09/05 … -palin-is-“racist-sexist-vindictive-and-mean”/

[quote]“So Sambo beat the bitch!”

This is how Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin described Barack Obama’s win over Hillary Clinton to political colleagues in a restaurant a few days after Obama locked up the Democratic Party presidential nomination.

According to Lucille, the waitress serving her table at the time and who asked that her last name not be used, Gov. Palin was eating lunch with five or six people when the subject of the Democrat’s primary battle came up. The governor, seemingly not caring that people at nearby tables would likely hear her, uttered the slur and then laughed loudly as her meal mates joined in appreciatively.[/quote]
I like the way she tells the whole restaurant she’s evil and then laughs loudly, like a James Bond villainess :laughing:

Also how all the juicy stuff is attributed to Lucille the waitress who is too afraid to go on the record. Or a fabricated source.

I think the editors at laprogressive have been smoking too much medical marijuana to spot obvious bullshit.[/quote]
This level of accusation was good enough for the Republicans to use against Kerry in 2004. All of a sudden they are against it. That’s change you can believe it?

Well I can’t speak for ‘Republicans’ but I thought the Internet Accusations against Kerry were bogus too.

And yet, Kerry has not successfully refuted the claims. And he still has not provided his DD-214 or signed the 180 form allowing it to be public record.

Kerry is a POS and a liar. And I say this as a VN vet.

What we are seeing with these allegations against Gov Palin are falsehoods being perpetuated by the left-wing blogosphere. See any links to the actual persons saying this ‘Sambo’ crap?
See any actual interviews with this ‘waitress’? Should be pretty easy in a toen the size of Wassilla…eh?

Especially with all the lawyers sent up there to ferret (gerbil) out the truth…eh?

Absolutely.

First, those making fun of his gaffes are mostly supporters of George Bush, who is the biggest idiot ever elected President of the US. Talk about gaffes.

Second, it’s true that Biden is famous for his gaffes, but the voters have repeatedly, consistently overlooked such human foibles, recognizing his superior leadership skills. After all, he has been elected to the US Senate six times, all but the first time by a very large majority.

1972: Biden elected to Senate by 50% to 49%
1978: Biden elected to Senate by 58% to 41%
1984: Biden elected to Senate by 60% to 40%
1990: Biden elected to Senate by 63% to 36%
1996: Biden elected to Senate by 60% to 38%
2002: Biden elected to Senate by 58% to 41%

So, you can laugh all you want, but he has a proven track record of performing well as a US Senator (and Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee and former Chairman of the Judiciary Committee) and trouncing his competitors in major elections, which is a lot more than you can say for the book-banning, aerial-wolf-hunting Mayor of Wasilla, pop. 5,000.

I always suspected you had a brain.

Absolutely.

First, those making fun of his gaffes are mostly supporters of George Bush, who is the biggest idiot ever elected President of the US. Talk about gaffes.

Second, it’s true that Biden is famous for his gaffes, but the voters have repeatedly, consistently overlooked such human foibles, recognizing his superior leadership skills. After all, he has been elected to the US Senate six times, all but the first time by a very large majority.

1972: Biden elected to Senate by 50% to 49%
1978: Biden elected to Senate by 58% to 41%
1984: Biden elected to Senate by 60% to 40%
1990: Biden elected to Senate by 63% to 36%
1996: Biden elected to Senate by 60% to 38%
2002: Biden elected to Senate by 58% to 41%

So, you can laugh all you want, but he has a proven track record of performing well as a US Senator (and Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee and former Chairman of the Judiciary Committee) and trouncing his competitors in major elections, which is a lot more than you can say for the book-banning, aerial-wolf-hunting Mayor of Wasilla, pop. 5,000.[/quote]
The problem with Biden is that if asks rhetorically “who wants to send their kids to die for Taiwan” as Chairman of the FRC, he’s not speaking for the US government in the eyes of China. It’s still a stupid thing to say, but the Senate is full of stupid people who can shoot their mouths off secure in the knowledge that they are not speaking for the US. If he says it as a VP, people in China will take more notice.

Now the invading Iraq was a dumb thing to do, but the US will probably get away with it. A war with China caused by idiots sending the wrong signals, is not something that the US will get away with.

From Intrade:

2008 US Election - Joe Biden to be withdrawn as Democratic VP candidate

Last Price: 7.0

You can buy
this at 6.0

You can sell
this at 5.7

I don’t like the way the probability of China attacking Taiwan seems to increase with time according to Intrade. On the upside there’s a 77% of finding the Higgs Boson by the end of 2010.

Speaking of VP candidates about to be cut loose…

[quote] Kathleen Parker, a columnist syndicated by the Washington Post Writers Group, is not exactly a moderate. In May, she wrote one of the more offensive columns of the entire presidential campaign, defending the notion of judging candidates’ patriotism based on whether they have “blood equity” and “heritage.” Obama’s “bloodlines” were deemed unworthy, because they are not traced “back through generations of sacrifice.” It was like reading a Know-Nothing Party tract 160 years later.

I mention this background to provide some context about Parker’s ideology, before noting her latest column on Sarah Palin.

"Palin's recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I've been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I've also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.... If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself. [...]

McCain can't repudiate his choice for running mate. He not only risks the wrath of the GOP's unforgiving base, but he invites others to second-guess his executive decision-making ability. Barack Obama faces the same problem with Biden.

Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.

Do it for your country."

This, of course, seems like a highly unlikely scenario. But the fact that a fairly high-profile conservative columnist is even broaching the subject – in print – strikes me as fairly remarkable.[/quote]

washingtonmonthly.com/

I noticed " Biden-who-is-about-to-be-dumped" appeared on CNN, CBS and NBC as the designated Democratic spin doctor, while Sarah “the Savior of the Party” was kept as far away as possible from any TV cameras.

At one time Bush said something to the effect of “we’ll do whatever it takes to protect Taiwan”. By your logic, this statement has to be considered much worse because Bush said it as the president and commander-in-chief of the US military. Other than China, someone else wo’ll definitely notice these statements are the TI’ers. Looking at Biden’s statement another way, you can also say that it actually lessens the chance of war with China since it discourages Taiwan from independence activities(thus provoking the attack) knowing that US won’t come to the rescue.

I think that Biden does a superb job here: Biden on Fire

Contrast with Palin: Couric Interview or Gibson Interview

For her sake and the Republicans, she had better do her homework, and practice, practice, practice because if the Joe Biden in that clip above shows up she is toast!

Convention bounce is over. Palin blunder taking effect. In Thursday’s debate (unless McSame cuts and runs) Biden’s really going to embarass Palin. Actually I heard a rumor McSame is going to dump her…