Big Bike Prices Drop (?)

Just picked up a copy of RiderStyle, the local monthly, and for the first time ever I see something like a price list for big bikes sold on the island. Apparently the prices drop, at least to the naked eye. But I’m aware that these prices are merely a guidance list. and any dealer will just laugh at them and add a zero. But seriously, are the prices getting more wallet-friendly?

We’re talking here the all-popular Kwak ER-6F (or little Ninja) for 288.000NT,
or the lovely Yam FZ6-N for 278.000NT.
Are these prices for real, considering that a Honda CB400SF is listed at 260.000NT?
And lets not forget my little darling, the MV Agusta F4CC for a whopping 7.280.000NT…

Other than that prices seem to come to a more ‘normal’ level, or have I just been here for too long? :loco:

Yes, those prices are for real… But those prices have been real for quite some time now…

The 2nd hand market is also dropping all the time.

[quote=“Stefan”]Just picked up a copy of RiderStyle, the local monthly, and for the first time ever I see something like a price list for big bikes sold on the island. Apparently the prices drop, at least to the naked eye. But I’m aware that these prices are merely a guidance list. and any dealer will just laugh at them and add a zero. But seriously, are the prices getting more wallet-friendly?

We’re talking here the all-popular Kwak ER-6F (or little Ninja) for 288.000NT,
or the lovely Yam FZ6-N for 278.000NT.
Are these prices for real, considering that a Honda CB400SF is listed at 260.000NT?
And lets not forget my little darling, the MV Agusta F4CC for a whopping 7.280.000NT…

Other than that prices seem to come to a more ‘normal’ level, or have I just been here for too long? :loco:[/quote]

I’m interested what are the CCs of the bikes listed above? If they are under the Gao-Ja-chow allowance, then would that explain the price drop? If not, then what would be a value for money bike to invest myself into? I’m not interested in killing myself by the way, but a bike with some woomph and a nice riding possition would be nice. I have heard some stories about Yamahas being a bit shit in the engine department, but bikes aren’t really my speciality, so some helpful advice would be appreciated.
I have been told about a particular Suzuki model that has plumetted in price recently and am wondering whether or not all prices are set to take a downturn??!??!?!

ER6F is what Mordeth rides… 650cc (single cylinder?)… great learner bike, and not bad for an experienced rider… real world power levels, and supposedly handles quite well… Mord’s sounds great too…

CB400… is well… 400cc… another great learner bike… good power levels too, and a very good day-to-day bike (though still not as convenient as a scooter)

FZ6… N is the naked version, S has bikini-fairings (like a head)… not as good as the others as a beginner bike, but still a decent choice… it’s comfy, runs a good amount of power (it’s fast, without being TOO fast) and has decent mileage… it has a detuned R6 engine and a very respectable bike… my sis-in-law’s boyfriend is hoping to get one of these about the same time that I get my upgrade…

MV F4CC… can’t remember how many CCs… I think it’s 1190? The normal F4 is 1000, but this is a special edition, pumped up to 200hp, and a bucket load of torque… a monster of a sports bike, and one you don’t wanna be playing with… I wouldn’t even bother owning one in Taiwan, even if I won the lotto… the price for replacement parts for this bike (7 million NT worth) are going to be ridiculously high, and there will surely be a waiting list~ pure sex on wheels though

I tried out a nice BMW CS 650 a few days ago which was a tad under180K - 4 years old. So yes, I think the second hand market is certainly becoming cheaper.

X08 Thanks for clearing that up. It sounds like a bike may be becoming more possible for me after all then. The next thing is to pay off the new car first, and then go shopping…ho hum…

Have a browse through YahooTW Auctions… that will give you a good indication of prices~

Direct Link to “Heavy Bikes Yahoo” —> http://tw.bid.yahoo.com/tw/2092081450-category.html?

cool. so it seems a bigger bike would be affordable after all.
if only i could find a way around that stupid big-bike-license test and the tax…
but still good to know anyway.