Big Bikes (red plates) taking up car parking spaces?

A big bike, yellow or red plate can turn left as the cars do. Just think of yourself as a car. You cannot do the scooter 2 point turn nor stop in the scooter box.

Cars can’t park in scooter spots. Neither can a big bike.

1 Like

And you could actually park two bikes in a car spot.

hum, sounds like traffic wise and parking wise, big bikes don’t really offer much of an advantage then, I guess that explains why there isn’t that many around…

Oh well, white plate it is then :slight_smile:

The only advantage I think would be good is the ability to ride up to the mountains a lot faster. I drive my scooter up there to hot springs but id be there in half the time with a big bike. And the ability to go on certain highways.

Plus they skip a lot of waiting time when they make immediate left hand turns that scooters are prohibited from doing

Well I can see how that would be handy, but on the other hand, if you drive to commute, turning left will still likely be difficult at rush hour either way (because both lanes are going to be crowded), and you’d end up waiting to turn left either way. Not sure that would really make a big difference in that scenario.

On the other hand, being able to go around cars when the light is red and wait at the scooter spot is going to save you quite some time as opposed to be waiting for the traffic to resume, quitely at the end of that traffic jam :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall, it sounds like for commuting (potentially at rush hours), white plates do have the advantages (being scooters or motorcytle under 250cc).

Personally though, I hate driving scooters, I don’t feel stable at all on the road… so motocycle white plate it is going to be for me. (Thinking of Hornet 250, or MT-25 if I can find a good one).

If you own a red plate bike, it’s generally not for commute but a high powered toy.

Nothing like being in control of 100 hp plus in something weighing 170 kg. Insane power to weight!

1 Like

I always move them into the road, just like with scooters, and park my truck. They fit into scooter spots, which are numerous. The few times i have had conflict with said drivers have also hadmachetes, chainsaws and various other tools that make them nervouse when their arrogant vigor gets me excited

Best not to let that group become too entitled. Much like sports andluxury car drivers. The trick.is in balancing them being scared for thier life whilst not letting them lose face. A person so fragile and with massive ego is a nightmare to deal with when they reach the point if no fucks given…

Most people here can barely ride a scooter or drive a car. Letting them loose on a decent road bike is sort of funny to watch. It looks like a new race track has opened in 2018 but haven’t seen much about it. It’s called Lihpao International Circuit. You would think Taiwan would be ripe for an amateur race circuit. Cars and bikes. You can find the Lihpao track set up here.

1 Like

You are wrong doing that.
Red plates are required by law to park in car spaces.

And worst, you may cause an accident by moving it into the road!

They’re not entitled. Just following the law.

8 Likes

Oh shit, so im the moron…now i feel like a twat! Thanks for saying that, guess it actually makes sense.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t say you’re a moron :upside_down_face:
But it’s good to check our own assumptions before accusing others. :wink:

1 Like

No, you didnt. I did. Credit given where credit is due. Moron for sure.