Big Pumpkins for Halloween!

Where might I find nice sized pumpkins for Halloween carving? I was able to buy one from 訂好 (Wellcome?) last year , but when we called them to check if they are selling them again, we were told that none of the stores this year have them. :cry: I am really hoping to find some so I can teach my friends here about Halloween! If anyone knows where I can find one, maybe in the Taoyuan/Taipei area, I would greatly appreciate it! And I apologize if this has been asked before… I didn’t notice if there was a recent board! :slight_smile:

fnar.

Damn, I forgot to plant pumpkins again.

I did see them in Jason’s last(?) year, but they were smallish, catwalk-model sized pumpkins.

Am looking for pumpkins in Taipei.

If anyone sees reasonably priced pumpkins (especially medium to large sizes) please post here. They used to be hard to find and very expensive. We tried growing them this year, to no avail.

1 Like

Costco doesn’t stock them. Both Jason’s in Tien-Mu were sold out last Thursday and have no plans to restock.

1 Like

The only place I have ever seen large pumpkins in Taipei was Jason’s in 101. That was two years ago I think. Might be worth to it to try calling them.

Yea, big pumpkins are imported from the States, Taiwan pumpkins are mostly small and green this time of year; they ripen in the spring and even then are small and greenish, being grown for eating.

Here are some ridiculously priced tiny pumpkins at Carrrefour Tanshui.