Biggest Loser Asia Auditions

Compared to some Western countries (ahem, US), Taiwan’s residents are beanpole-skinny, however perhaps there’s some folks out there carrying around a few extra pounds they’d like to shed who also want a shot at reality-TV stardom!

The Asian edition of the hit weight-loss reality show, The Biggest Loser, is currently holding auditions for Season 2. Through July 5th, interested applicants may send in their applications online at www.biggestloserasia.com. The show’s winner, the “biggest loser”, stands to win US$100,000.

The requirements: “Applicants must be citizens and residents of Asia between 18-55 years old and speak English fluently. All must have the desire, passion and commitment to lose weight once and for all to gain a healthy body and ultimately, a new lease of life.”

You can watch the past season of Biggest Loser Asia on the Hallmark Channel (on Chunghwa Telecom’s MOD in Taiwan).

Probably better to tout your show on a Taiwanese website, surely? This is mainly an expat bulletin board. :laughing:
I DO like the sound of a “Let’s all have a laugh at the fat bastard attention whores on the teavee” show, though. Sounds like TEH FUNNEE! :unamused:

I thought this was a show to find the unluckiest halfwit in Asia. Now that would be quality viewing!

But they would never find him, seeing as how foreigners aren’t wanted on the show.

Who is the biggest loser on forumosa? Could have a poll.

That one’s too easy – Satellite TV, of course. He’s lost his entire country!

Sat TV gave up his Australian citizenship? I hadn’t heard anything about that.

He’s pretty reticent about it, but if you scour his posts and can read between the lines, the evidence soon becomes more than just a quiet rumour.

But they would never find him, seeing as how foreigners aren’t wanted on the show.[/quote]

I saw some of season one. They had a caucasian, British expat as one of the contestants. They are asking for “citizens and residents.” Many of us fall under the latter category.

But they would never find him, seeing as how foreigners aren’t wanted on the show.[/quote]

I saw some of season one. They had a caucasian, British expat as one of the contestants. They are asking for “citizens and residents.” Many of us fall under the latter category.[/quote]

Well, then perhaps they should say “or” instead of “and”.

I saw some of season one. They had a caucasian, British expat as one of the contestants. They are asking for “citizens and residents.” Many of us fall under the latter category.[/quote]
What? The unluckiest halfwit in Asia show? Damn! I missed it!
But anyway, if that’s the case, why have they changed the rules this time for the fatty-fatty bum-bum-look-at-me-look-at-me-LOOK-AT-MEEEEEEEEEEE!! show? They’re not asking for “citizens” and “residents.” It says applicants must be citizens AND resident in Asia. There’s a difference.

It’s interesting that they want fluent English speakers. This is suppose to be for a Taiwan audience right?

Don’t think so. You have to go to Bangkok for the “auditions” (read: a chance to show what a completely gormless freak I am) apparently.
You’d think the mouthbreathing couch potatoes would get tired of “reality” TV, but no, it seems they ARE as pathetic as they appear. And as long as there are lame losers who want to watch such shite, you can be damn sure there’ll companies like porticomedia lining up to provide them with “entertainment.”
Sad.