Bill To Ban Dog, Cat Eating Irks Ethnic Groups

Not me. I don’t take any supplements whatsoever, but I don’t need to because I consume a very healthy and well balanced diet without including any meat or fish in it.

Absolutely not: It is, in fact, nutritionally better and less stressful to the body than the diet of most meat-eaters.

My vegetarian diet is absolutely no hassle at all. I just eat a good variety of delicious vegetables, fruits, grains, beans, eggs and dairy products, which is in no way any more troublesome or inconvenient than eating meat.

Why am I not surprised to hear this kind of talk from an animal-hating “die hard carnivor” like yourself. Listen to the scorn, the hatred, the bile, the pure evil emanating from your post!

To borrow the words of another: “Why do I feel like I’m talking to the devil himself?”

[color=red]
Hobbes now runs and hides in anticipation of the inevitable backlash of demonic fire and horrible pain and vengeance that are sure to swiftly follow one who crosses the Maleficent Prince of Sand…
[/color]

And this in from today’s The Australian:

[quote]
Vegetarian diet ‘harms’ children

Clara Pirani
23feb05

VEGANS and vegetarians who force their children to adopt their strict diets are inflicting unethical damage on their health.

Children who are denied meat, milk and cheese early in life suffer mental and physical impairments that can cause permanent damage, said Lindsay Allen, professor of international nutrition at the University of California.

Research by Professor Allen found that adding just two spoonfuls of meat to the daily diets of Kenyan children doubled their increases in muscle mass over two years and improved their performance on tests of mental agility.

However, Dieticians Association of Australia spokeswoman Clare Collins said many vegetarian diets including dairy and eggs were safe for children. "The challenge is more if you are vegan-vegetarian, and you eat absolutely no animal products.

“It’s the animal products that actually contain vitamin B12. If you remove eggs and milk it’s difficult to meet the calcium requirement and it’s a heck of a lot of chewing, particularly for very young children to meet their energy requirement.” [/quote]

theaustralian.news.com.au/co … 02,00.html

Animal hater? Me? But I love animals! They taste of meat.

Animal hater? Me? But I love animals! They taste of meat.[/quote]

Listen to the vicious attacks and malicious reprisals I receive for daring to criticize him!

sandman–><–Hobbes

EVERYONE: Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I’m being repressed!!

Omniloquacious, you saw him repressing me? TC, you saw it, didn’t you!?

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]And this in from today’s The Australian:
[/quote]

So the heading for the article was thoroughly misleading: it should have been something like: “Deficient Vegan Diet May Harm Children.”

Anyway, it makes a change from the endless reports we read about the much greater harm being done to kids by parents who feed them, or let them live on, a diet of McD’s and other junk food.

…" I see nufink…nufink…"

Anyway, the whole nutrition argument is specious, I feel, when you look at the millions of vegebubblers all over the world who live comfortably and happily to a ripe old age on a diet of leaves and grasses. (Well, except for the ones who get the brain degeneration thing going on, but even then, their brains have degenerated so they don’t even realize their brains have degenerated, so they’re still happy.)
You see? Everybody’s happy (except, I guess, the poor buggers that have picked up tapeworms or liver flukes as a result of eating their furry friends.)

[quote=“Hobbes”]
sandman–><–Hobb!?[/quote]

Good lord, Hobbes, this is the second time in as many days that you’ve posted images of yourself receiving violent chastisement! :astonished: I don’t want to read too much into it, but…

Which makes me wonder, could you possibly lend me some handcuffs and a couple of bullwhips if you have any spare ones that you won’t be using in the next day or two?

And just to make sure that this isn’t floundered for being off topic:
I would like to add that I thoroughly approve of the proposed law that prompted this thread, and would like to see every country in the world passing strict laws against the killing and consumption of pets such as dogs and cats, even if they don’t go as far as I would wish in banning the killing and consumption of all species of animals. At least it’s a positive step in the right direction.

:laughing: I’ll see what I can find for you. :wink:

Including malarial mosquitoes? Bubonic plague-carrying rats?
SPRING LAMB???
:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
See? I told you. Brain degeneration.

Animal hater? Me? But I love animals! They taste of meat.[/quote]

Listen to the vicious attacks and malicious reprisals I receive for daring to criticize him!

sandman–><–Hobbes

EVERYONE: Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I’m being repressed!!

Omniloquacious, you saw him repressing me? TC, you saw it, didn’t you!?[/quote]

bloody peasants!.. :wink:

[quote=“Hobbes”]
sandman–><–Hobbes

Help, help, I’m being repressed!![/quote]

From my limited knowledge of the subject, on the contrary, most participants to the activity you depict above find it quite liberating.*

Check out barfworld to read the benefits of a raw meat diet for dogs. I’m not much of a meat-eater myself, but I do enjoy the sound of my dog crunching through a raw bone. I think she enjoys the sound too! :scooby:

barfworld.com/

Of course, this is based purely on second hand information.

The notion that it is difficult to maintain a healthy diet as a vegetarian is complete rubbish. In most modern societies it is very easy. Strict veganism requires a little more effort, but if you’re a veggo who eats eggs and dairy, you won’t have any problems.

You’re right. Part of my decision, ten years ago, to become vegetarian, was based on how easy it was to do so. I would eat meat if I had to.

Quite simply, the human body doesn’t need meat.

Brian

Last night I had a dish of potatoes layered with baby spinach in a cream sauce seasoned with nutmeg, topped with gruyere and baked until golden and bubbling on top.
Delicious, but could have done with some crispy bacon in there.