Birth certification for Unmarried Foreigner father and Taiwanese Mother. Uk / Ireland Registration

I didn’t even get anything like that. Mine were just crookedly printed word documents on an A4 piece of paper with the stamps and such. Maybe we can go back and get a new one like that. That looks all fancy and nice. Almost like what you’d get in a Western Country. All the way down to having the No. on it.

1 Like

The unmarried father could adopt the child I guess.

I have an impression that if an unmarried Taiwanese father acknowledges a child, his name is written as father on the child’s HHR. This can be wrong, or not applied to an unmarried foreigner father, though.

Worked for me. I think the issue is, or certainly was, that for a wholly foreign couple there is no HuKou and therefore no civil record of the birth only the local hospital record which is considered a private registration by many countries. That record has to be somehow formalized to a civil record which acceptable for government use.

For OP’s sake I hope that is true.

I’m not sure if the OP and the mother want it or not, though.

That’s actually not correct. ‘citizenship’ of Ireland is abstract. There is no citizenship document. There is however a passport.

Irish citizen parent born outside Ireland

If you were born outside of Ireland and your parent (who was also born outside of Ireland) was an Irish citizen or entitled to be an Irish citizen at the time of your birth, then you are entitled to become an Irish citizen.

To claim Irish citizenship, you must have your birth registered in the [Foreign Births Register](https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/foreign_births_register.en.html), unless your parent was abroad in the public service at the time of your birth. If you are entitled to register, your Irish citizenship is effective from the date of registration – not from the date when you were born.

From here

1 Like

Is that you Super54?

I guess if he gets his name on the paper it’s done and dusted. And then if not DNA test?

Tis!

UK mentioned the possibility of being asked for a DNA, Ireland doesn’t seem to but I’m sure it’s possible for an overseas birth to a non-Irish national.

1 Like

It’s all about the paperwork huh. In my experience Ireland is way more lax with citizenship than they are with visas. :joy: