Birthday Freebies

I’d like to start a thread centered on what businesses and restaurants offer customers on their birthday. In the states, there are numerous offers that can be had.

To start, I was at Outback Steakhouse for my birthday and was given a free Chocolate Thunder from Down Under dessert, which normally costs 280nt. I also know that if you sign up online with Gordon Biersch, they send you a coupon for a buy one get one free entree. They might also offer a free draft beer, but I can’t recall exactly.

If you know of any other offers, please post it here so we can all take advantage on our birthdays!

I’ve been to both Swensens and TGIFridays in Taipei on birthdays and told the servers so. Got free decent size ice cream sundaes.

Let’s revive this topic since the last posts are from 2012…
Where can you get free stuff in Taipei on your birthday in 2019?

:birthday::cocktail::clinking_glasses::gift:

I usually just ask at venues I frequent often enough and am confident they remember me. 9/10 times they oblige on my birthday.

Then go gravedig the topic, everyone else already does.

1 Like

@Marco Thanks, but, my question was meant more as a search for places that actively offer something, as I don’t want to ask for something they’d not normally do.
Perhaps my post was not worded correctly. :thinking:

I understand that, but most places don’t even have concrete rules, if they have rules at all, like everywhere else in Taiwan. Even if they do have rules, it’s up to the whim of the boss that day.

EVERYTHING is negotiable and relies on you asking and hoping you receive. If most places don’t even have a set hours of operation, they’re definitely not going to have birthday policies.

The only things that might even have rules are the expensive western or westernised restaurants down in the city centre of Taipei. Anything else is ask and hopefully receive.

You have a good point.
Silly me, still thinking from my western perspective. :laughing:

Morton’s Steak House

1 Like

Pizza Rock offers a free 8” pizza on your birthday if you fill some requirement like buying a 12” pizza, I forget. Any other places to go? It’s my birthday soon.

1 Like

牛角japanese bbq offer an extra free plate of beef.

1 Like