Bizarre baby born in Nepal

Both anocephaly and hydrocephaly occur in the west. An ex while studying midwifery delivered an anocephalic baby, the mother freaked and blamed her for screwing up the delivery.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Both anocephaly and hydrocephaly occur in the west. An ex while studying midwifery delivered an anocephalic baby, the mother freaked and blamed her for screwing up the delivery.

HG[/quote]

You beat me to the punch. There are 1000 to 2000 cases reported in North America each year alone. Worldwide? Dunno.

But it’s worth a mentioned because there’s a surprising increase in these birth defects in children that were concieved in Vietnam where Agent Orange was used extensively and in Iraq where DU is used as acceptable ammunition. Apparently, there have been a few cases of birth defects born to Iraq war vets.

[quote=“Rasputin”]I’m not denying the fact that anencephaly exists, but surely by now CNN or BBC would have covered it. Anybody can post something on Wiki, but I’d like to see links to CNN or BBC.

At the end of the Wikipedia page:

Here are links to Nepalese Newspapers:
onlinenewspapers.com/nepal.htm[/quote]

If there is at least a little truth in the wikipedia article, there are 1000 - 2000 babies affected by this malformation each year in the U.S. alone. So why should CNN or BBC cover a single baby in Nepal?

Well first up because some git had the good taste to parade the corpse through the streets. Secondly, it’s alright to show bodies and deformities on the telly, as long as they’re from the “other” world, which is usually, but as the New Orleans incident indicated, not always, outside the first world.

HG

There could be a link betweeen the two issues – lack of TV sets in Nepal and their willingness to parade freak babies around the streets?

Mofangongren[quote]There could be a link betweeen the two issues – lack of TV sets in Nepal and their willingness to parade freak babies around the streets?[/quote]

Oh c’mon. They don’t have bars, folk dancing, festivals, cinemas, etc? I don’t think lack of entertainment is an excuse. Anyone been to Nepal? Are they so bored this is what they need to do for entertainment?

Yeah, but festivals, folk dancing, etc. all take real effort. In the American West, nothing made for high drama as a good gunfight or a hanging. For the Nepalese, parading the body of a baby through the streets is cheap, easy entertainment.

I bet they do have tellies and vids and DVD players, satellite receivers and oodles of pirated DVDs. Not been so I really don’t know, but I’m confident they have more of everything, dope included, in their pads than your average Canadian kindy teacher hunkered down in their squalid Taiwan grotto. :laughing:

HG

Hey, let’s keep it clean! :laughing: