Blackberry pre-paid service

Hi all!

I will be traveling to Taiwan next month and I’m wondering if there is any pre-paid service for blackberry data plan in Taiwan?I will be staying for 10 days so it’s gonna be very pricey for me to use the current data plan that I am using due to the roaming :aiyo: Pls help!

Thank you

[quote=“miffy_2452”]Hi all!

I will be traveling to Taiwan next month and I’m wondering if there is any pre-paid service for blackberry data plan in Taiwan?I will be staying for 10 days so it’s gonna be very pricey for me to use the current data plan that I am using due to the roaming :aiyo: Pls help!

Thank you[/quote]
If it is a GSM or UMTS blackberry (T-mo or AT&T if you are coming from US) AND it is unlocked then you can get prepaid SIMs. The cost of a prepaid SIM from Chunghwa (the incumbent carrier) is 500NT and includes 300NT of airtime. You’ll need two pieces of ID recognized in Taiwan, of which a passport can count as one.

Also you should be aware of the restrictions caused by using a generic dataplan as opposed to Blackberry Internet Service. They are enumerated here. If you were planning to stay longer, Taiwan Mobile (台灣大哥大) does offer true BIS on standard postpaid plans.

So there’s no way I can get BIS with pre-paid sim card?coz I need blackberry messenger the most. is there any cheaper alternative available in Taiwan?

If you do a lot of international travel, you’d be doing yourself a service to dump the BB and get an Android, iPhone, or even WinMo set, as they can all provide push chat and push email functionality without requiring a middle-man server. Unless of course it is a company phone, in which case I guess you’re kinda stuck.

Hahaha…yeah I must consider this :laughing: thanks anyway :slight_smile: