Blackberry question (B. Obama need not reply)

Dear tech stars,

I’m thinking of getting a blackberry and would very much appreciate thoughts and comments on usage in Taiwan and which teleco provider has the best service package.

I would want to use the phone for checking emails, sending text messages. Speed would be important. I would primarily input in English. Being able to input in Chinese would also be nice.

Taiwan Da Ge Da charges a fortune for intl calls. Are there better/cheaper teleco providers for blackberry?

Any complaints re blackberry coverage or service charges?

Any rave reviews out there re blackberry, or service providers?

Many thanks!

:bow:

Taiwan Da Ge Da is the only company that offers blackberry service in Taiwan. I never noticed any coverage problems traveling almost all over the island. If you haven’t picked up a device yet the Bold is their flagship device and is amazing.

Agree with the Bold. Work upgraded me recently and the Bold is a much nicer set of handcuffs than the old model.

HG

BB Bold user here. As far as I know, Taiwan Mobile is the only BB provider – I’ve been spending an average of NT$2000 a month, half of that is on calls and other half on 3G internet.

Blackberry phones have Chinese but one thing I don’t like: the lack of Hanyu Pinyin input for traditional characters, which I prefer over bopomofo

Many thanks for the helpful advice. I’ll check out the blackberry’s.

Perhaps Taiwan Da Ge Da will now offer cheaper prices, now that the low-cost king China mobile is practically coming to town.

Thanks! :bow: