Blood bank shortages

Unfortunately not, when questioned our HR insisted I could however had to do the walk of shame when rejected by the doctor on the donation bus.

Did manage to donate once or twice in early 2000 before the whole mad cow thing went mad.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have said certain Forumosans. There are days when it feels like they’re the majority, though. Probably something to do with the number of political threads recently.

https://tw.forumosa.com/search?q=msm

I’m sure some get excited by the other kind of MSM, and I’m equally sure that some get excited by both kinds.

Seinfeld not that there's anything wrong with that

So gay men cannot donate? What taiwanese gay men? I guess the hiv thing is a fair point. What about gay women? They dont seem to spread hiv that much…

What about tattoos? Somehow i remember that being a thing back home but cant recall the details.

According to legislation that is in the works (or has been passed?), men who have had sex with a man in the past five years cannot donate. Doesn’t matter if you’re gay or not (although, of course, the majority will be gay).

1 Like

Then I stand corrected. I was assured that I could do it this way after being rejected from the mobile stations but hadn’t tried it yet.

I don’t weigh enough to donate. But it doesn’t really matter as my blood type is only compatible with those of the same blood type. Not very useful.

they tried to change so last year, but it is still in Article 5. They cannot donate permanently.

it is in Article 4.

一年內曾刺青者

People who did tattoo in the past year cannot donate.

1 Like

OK, I stand corrected.

Well worded my friend. I see the point and it is good it is looked at that way officially, without much bias.

If someone knows a bus location in kaohsiung city i am very happy to go in and test their system. I am normally quite good at getting through government style bs and have aprc. Just to test it and see if i can. Im not gay, no druga, no tattoos, matried, here for a long time speak chinese etc. And i can be an asshole (if no one noticed haha). Plus i am on the clock and have a lot of work and family stuff to do so can get pushy legitimately. so would be a fun test.

I stay near north costco at family house, have work near airport and 10 mins north of pier 2 tomorrow, so locations are all easy.

I just remember before dping it being really relly easy. But hepatitis was a problem nd they were not carefull at all so i stopped.

Seems your guns aren’t as big as you claim… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Unless you are AB+, all other blood types can be useful for a larger group of people.
And even if your blood is AB+, is still not useless, so it’s a pity you can’t donate, in fact…

1 Like
1 Like

If one had elevated liver enzymes, do to an oral steroid course, and was flagged years ago, can that person donate again after a few years?