Blood Glucose Monitor?

I just heard some bad news from home- my grandma has diabetes. :frowning:
She just came out of the hospital.
It seems that personal glucose meters and test strips are a little expensive and hard to come by.

Does anybody know where I can find some of those portable glucose (& cholesterol) monitors and test strips, and how much they cost here?

Thank you.

they tend to rent them here, at least for pregnant mothers-to-be with pregnancy diabetes.

you could ask at a pharmacy?

Blood glucose monitors are available in bigger pharmacies. There availability reflects two features of Taiwan: (1) The success of Taiwan’s SMEs in electronics; and (2) The hypochondriacal nature of the local population.

Should be considerably cheaper than whereever you are from. However, if that happens to be Australia, the public healthcare system usually provides 'em.

HG

Start at the corner of Chongcheng and Kaifeng in downtown Taipei near the Main Station. Walk toward Shimendin. Along those approximate 3 blocks, you will find no less than 4 medical supply stores. Although I wasn’t shopping for monitors in particular, I do seem to recall seeing a large selection of monitors and supplies. I have found that many medical supply items are much cheaper here although they are made in the U.S. The U.S. market is just too proud of the items and rip people. Good luck to you and your family.

Thanks! I found one today on Kaifeng Rd.