Bloody Caesars

I was enjoying Taiwan’s best poutine at Whalen’s recently when Alex plopped what looked like the Canadian brunch staple down in front of me.

No I sez.

Yup says the Dawg.

Where, how stammered meself.

Well he wouldn’t answer me until I’d imbibed.

sips later

Damn I missed that. For years Clamato was my wake up call, my whizbee. Truly one of the finest cocktails ever invented, makes drinking Vodka at 11AM look healthy, and surprisingly delicious considering it is, after all, tomato and clam juice.

I know, the non-Canadians amongst you just threw up in your mouth a little. I know I did when The Keg hired me for my first bartending gig and introduced me to this heavenly creation. But 1 snort and I was a fan for life.

Clamato appeared briefly on the Costco shelves a few years back, but like all good things Costcoian, it quickly come to an end.

So Whalen, where you getting this from and don’t tell me you got a guy.

I got a guy.

WhaaaaaLeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Now here is the kicker. His “guy” is importing a powdered version of the Mott’s classic.

Disbelievingly, I sip again.

Bullshit.

He shows me.

Well folks, the long and the short of it is: now I got a guy too.

And so do you. Me.

PM me if you want some pouches of perfection.

I’ll be sipping on a Tequila Caesar once the yardarm shadow is taller than its soul.

The Standard Recipe

I’ve used the powder in burger mix (AWESOME!!) and will also be trying it in a salad dressing and marinade in the near future. Really versatile behind the bar and in the kitchen.

Going overboard?

hell yeah, how much are you charging per pouch?

Serving Caesars to non-Canucks on the trains I used to work on was always met with positive responses. Why do I bring this up? I was reminded of that time in my life of pushing drink carts down the aisle when I read this:

THE GAY FLIGHT ATTENDANT:

My flight was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant, who seemed to put everyone in a good mood as he served us food and drinks. As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the aisle and told us that “Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he’ll be landing the big scary plane shortly, so, lovely people, if you could just put your trays up, that would be super.”

On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed this well-dressed and rather Arabic-looking woman hadn’t moved a muscle. “Perhaps you didn’t hear me over those big brute engines, but I asked you to raise your trazy-poo, so the main man can pitty-pat us on the ground.”

She calmly turned her head and said, “In my country, I am called a Princess, and I take orders from no one.”

To which the flight attendant replied, without missing a beat, “Well, sweet-cheeks, in MY country I’m called a Queen, so I outrank you. Tray UP, Bitch!”

[quote=“Toe Save”]Serving Caesars to non-Canucks on the trains I used to work on was always met with positive responses. Why do I bring this up? I was reminded of that time in my life of pushing drink carts down the aisle when I read this…

She calmly turned her head and said, “In my country, I am called a Princess, and I take orders from no one.”[/quote]

I realise this is drifting terribly off topic, but that reminded me of this:

Delta passengers outraged when child poops on airplane seat

As for clam juice and tomato cocktails: what is wrong with you people? What next? Decomposed shark meat?

[quote=“finley”][quote=“Toe Save”]Serving Caesars to non-Canucks on the trains I used to work on was always met with positive responses. Why do I bring this up? I was reminded of that time in my life of pushing drink carts down the aisle when I read this…

She calmly turned her head and said, “In my country, I am called a Princess, and I take orders from no one.”[/quote]

I realise this is drifting terribly off topic, but that reminded me of this:

Delta passengers outraged when child poops on airplane seat

As for clam juice and tomato cocktails: what is wrong with you people? What next? Decomposed shark meat?[/quote]

Since the OP hasn’t yet ONCE mentioned rimming the glass with celery salt or a 50/50 celery salt/garlic salt mix, we can only assume he remains a rank amateur.

Eager, OK.
Gifted, maybe.

But an amateur, nonetheless.

(I have a screamingly hilarious story hinging directly on a can of MOTT’S Clamato, remind me to tell it next time you see me)

Amateur?

I included a recipe link, didn’t I?

Sheesh.