Blue Spice by Blue Elephant Thai Food

[quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“peterverwulgen”] New Blue Spice Menu as from May 1st 2010.
WE USE THAI JASMINE RICE [/quote]

[/quote]

ah there you go…thai jasmine rice…beats the taiwanese stuff by a country mile…

[quote=“the bear”]I tried it today; had the beef. Very tasty. But service was too slow for lunchtime (about 20 minutes). Plus there was a bit of fear of the laowai (who ordered in Chinese) and for some reason I wasn’t given a number which created much confusion since I thought it was the fapiao number so tried to claim someone else’s lunch :blush: .

I liked the rice too actually. Don’t know if you are using a higher grade than everyone else in the Breeze.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback which is extremely valuable to improve things.
Sorry for the slow service during your lunch today. There is no excuse for that at all. I will check tomorrow what went wrong.
We do experience a problem with staff in Breeze right now. We don’t have enough manpower in that store and therefore we need to send people from other stores that are not familiar with Breeze.

We use one kind of rice only. Thai Jasmine grade A rice.

Balanced meal, in a food court :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Good luck on that one…[/quote]

Why not? Sure, the fast-food culture is tipping the balance toward meat (and oil) here like everywhere else, but most local-style vendors will at least give you healthy portions of veggies.[/quote]

We have discussed this issue again today and we will certainly improve in this.

[quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“peterverwulgen”] New Blue Spice Menu as from May 1st 2010.
WE USE THAI JASMINE RICE [/quote]

As long as it is not Uncle Bens :smiley: :thumbsup: Perfect
Don’t even care if it is not “enough” as mentionned above. Quality first, then quantity

:thumbsup: Count me in for a visit / proefje :laughing: in the next 7 days.
Good to catch-up again - been very busy Peter :blush:

See you soon.[/quote]

Good to hear from you. I even didn’t realize you were still in Taipei.
If you plan to pass by Breeze please let me know. I am often there at night and on week ends since it is close to where I live.

Trying things out as we speak. Will provide honest feedback, as there are as always on any other locations pros and cons :wink:

Right. We did not had too wait longer than 10 minutes as we wnet pretty early this evening before le “cout de piston”

We were 3 pax and ordered several sets for a total of 700NTD.

1. The size of the dishes is as balanced as in other stalls. The rice portion is the same, thus Ido not know if extra free portions can be granted (might be a recco for locals not having enough with a set menu)
  2. It is is stall, so not to compare with a stand alone segregated eating place, so apple to apple comparison with the ones nearby we frequented before.
  3. The dishes themselves:
  • Thai Prawn cake --> unfortunatly, we received the fish cake. Though for 50NTD, no complaints.
  • Papay salad. OK. good mixture of spices. Just advicing not too prepare too much upfront as it looses quickly its freshness / crispyness.
  • Fried chicken leg with Chili : the best set menu for its price.
  • Thai lemong grass chicken: Wife told me that another kind of fish filet was used. Nothing wrong with that, was it not that it was cold at the inside. Bummer.
  • Red curry chicken / pine apple : Too milky, not spicy and the chicken breast used was too dry (for our taste)
  • Side dishes: nothing to do with Thai food, thus understandable it is aimed at the Local population. Tofu, Brocoli and glass noodle.

Verdict: Blue spice is OK if you look for a reasonable price to get some quick Thai food. We certainly would include them in the list of bientang suppliers as the quantity / quality are OK for the price you pay. They will do well in Breeze as the Thai resto near the moviethather is not the best reference and obviously can not compete with Blue spice offer.

Thanks for the feedback ceevee.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry I wasn’t there.
The fish being cold inside is not acceptable. I already discussed this morning with the chef and hopefully it wont happen again.
I am working to make the side dishes more interesting than they are right now.

hi Peter,

Where are your current locations? I posted about your restaurant in Breeze and put up information about your other locations and some readers said that many of the locations were no longer there or closed. Please update if you can so I can have the right info. Thanks! Also- if you have a website or facebook page or something?