Bodyweight exercise motivation

Amazing! He makes all of that look so effortless!

awesome, but haven’t decided yet whether it’s motivational or demoralising :slight_smile:

One of my favorite bits was him climbing the invisible wall.

Yup. It looks like it’s physically impossible, and there is he doing it.

Very impressive. I checked his YouTube channel, there’s a bunch of others equally as good.

Just found out he’s 165 lbs. But he can dip bodyweight + 180 lbs extra weight. And here’s the real kicker: he’s vegetarian. If I knew it was possible to get so strong and not eat meat, I’d quit eating meat a long time ago.

He’s a freak of nature.

Not just veg, he’s vegan. So no eggs, dairy etc which a lot of veg use for protein.

The problem is: for most people it isn’t possible. One thing to keep in mind is that in the States, a lot of higher quality vegetarian protein powders have come out in the last few years. Sun Warrior was one of the first but there are many now. These powders are pretty expensive – a lot more expensive than whey – but the fact that a lot of these vegans are on them gets left out of interviews. So unless you want to pay a lot, eating meat is a better option for most folks.

Rather than getting motivation from extreme outliers that have extreme diets and do exercises that most people can’t do, I’d encourage people to look at normal people doing and eating more normal things yet they get great results. Here’s a look:
bodybuilding.com/fun/we-miri … iques.html

How normal people get great results can be very educational and can be more readily applied to our situations IMO, yet they’re no less inspirational.

I’d love to have a physique like that guy.

I’ll sell you mine.

You look like a red pill with a bowling ball attached to it. That’s not the physique I want. :wink:

Well, let’s keep this in perspective. Frank didn’t become a vegan until the last few years. The majority of his training years he was eating meat just like most other elite athletes do. Neither here nor there because there’s nothing saying a Vegan can’t have a well balanced diet. Just saying…

Anyway, It’s not the protein that gives people the ability to do extreme workouts, it’s the carbs. Athletes who are meat eaters eat mass carbs, and athletes that are frutarian / vegan eat mass carbs, they have to. Unless you are supplemented and drugged up to the extreme, there’s no other way to get the energy required for elite training.

The jury is still out on how much protein the body needs. Some will say north of 150 grams, some will say 100, some get by just fine on 40-50 which is probably where Frank is more or less. But the one thing that nearly all elite athletes agree on save a few outliers is, carbs are your friend.

[quote=“BrentGolf”]Well, let’s keep this in perspective. Frank didn’t become a vegan until the last few years. The majority of his training years he was eating meat just like most other elite athletes do. Neither here nor there because there’s nothing saying a Vegan can’t have a well balanced diet. Just saying…

Anyway, It’s not the protein that gives people the ability to do extreme workouts, it’s the carbs. Athletes who are meat eaters eat mass carbs, and athletes that are frutarian / vegan eat mass carbs, they have to. Unless you are supplemented and drugged up to the extreme, there’s no other way to get the energy required for elite training.

The jury is still out on how much protein the body needs. Some will say north of 150 grams, some will say 100, some get by just fine on 40-50 which is probably where Frank is more or less. But the one thing that nearly all elite athletes agree on save a few outliers is, carbs are your friend.[/quote]

I eat mass carbs too. And all I have to show for it is belly fat… :frowning:

Carbs don’t give people belly fat. Eating a caloric surplus is responsible for that one.