Bonsai Kittens

I’m looking for a Christmas present for my mom and I had the perfect idea but don’t know where to find it. A few years ago I knew this girl who was really into bonsai kittens. I know it sounds strange, but it’s actually pretty cool. You take the kitten when its still very small and place them in different containers or wire them into interesting positions, and because the bones are still soft its easy to form them into a variety of cool shapes. It doesn’t hurt them at all, and the end result is really beautiful. Supposedly it’s an ancient art, related to bonsai or foot-binding, but I forget if its from China or Japan. Does anyone know where I can buy information or a kit for making one?

Oh, you mean this?

But, as a cat lover, I don’t find this joke particularly amusing.

Thanks for the site, Alien, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Sorry you don’t care for them, but it’s for my mom and I think she’ll love it.

sick… how about shoving you into a jar…sick sick sick I say, boo hiss… did you burn kittens as a child too?

The shoving into a jar part I don’t mind too much – after all, their bones are still very soft and malleable. But I find the idea of using superglue to close their arseholes just a bit much!

Hehe… That one is old as the mountains. Do people still fall for that.

BTW, supergluing arseholes can not be recommended. I did that to Sandman roughly 18 months ago. His posts haven’t been the same since

Oh, falling for it and thinking as Alien said, it is an unamusing joke are two different things.

Peewee you want a real cat for your Mom… check out this one. Bigger is always better…

home.texoma.net/~hardini/fatcat.html

or

wackyzoo.com/p0496.shtml

Cat in jar: Deeply unfunny. Ridiculously fat cat: hilarious. Link on Fat Cat website: my sides are aching.

Hexuan,

I love fat cats… mine weighs in at about 20 pounds! And, she will step on you just to prove whose boss! Everytime we walk into the vet, the first words are… “oh she’s so FAT” kinda gives a gal a complex tho’

I love this site…

tubcat.com/

Think I will have to take a picture of “Taiwan’s fattest cat”

I think the fat cat is just as funny or unfunny/cruel as the Bonsai Kitten. Actually, I laughed at the Bonsai Kitten more (even though I knew the joke).

Oh, and I’m one of the most devoted cat lovers, as some people here can probably confirm :wink:

Iris

Peewee: I’m looking for a Christmas present for my uncle and I saw your idea. A few years ago I also knew a girl who was really into bonsai moms. I know it sounds strange, but it’s actually pretty cool. You’d take your mother and place her in different containers or wire them into interesting positions, and force their bones into a variety of cool shapes. It wouldn’t hurt her at all, and the end result is really beautiful. Supposedly it’s an ancient art, related to bonsai or foot-binding, could be from China or Japan. Can I get a kit and your mom to make one?

I think we’re finally getting there

Iris

Poagao,

Everything your uncle needs to know for creating a Bonsai Mom is available at this site:

forums.segue.com.tw/viewtopic.php?t=6253