Born 1994-2004? Military draft still 4 months for you

So there was news a few months ago that military draft would change back to 1 year, but it now looks like that will only affect those born after 2004. This means that I’ll be able to naturalize and only have to do 4 months service. I had originally planned to naturalize and stay as a NWHOR until I turned 36/37, but now I can just get full citizenship as soon as the one year wait is up, and max do 4 months service.

It looks to not be 100% confirmed yet, but this is really good news.

I think those born before 2004 had to do 1 year anyway. The change to 4 months only affected those after a certain year (can’t remember which year).

For example I was born in 1992 so I’d have to do 1 year of service after naturalizing even though most people I would be doing service with will only do 4 months.

So it’s probably just saying those born after 2004 will have to do 1 year service but those born before 2004 had to do a year anyway. There probably aren’t many people born before 2004 who haven’t served except for those naturalizing

After 1994 only had to do 4 months.

So I guess moving forward it will still be 4 months if you were born between 1994 and 2004. That includes me. Have updated the thread title

In 2012, it was reported that from 2013 on, military draftees born after January 1, 1994, will only need to receive four months of military training and will no longer be required to serve one year of [military service].

1 Like

Ohhhh gotcha. They made it complicated!

Lucky you :grin::grin: