Bottom 5 cities you've visited

Neither can we. Lucky England.

Great idea. I suggest you begin your stay with a home match at Millwall FC. Be sure to wear a red shirt, and remember that the fans speak in special code, so when they chant “you’re going home in a fucking ambulance,” they are actually inviting you out for a friendly drink – on them! have fun.

1 Like

What the hell kind of logic is behind this? :no-no:

Sheesh.

Nooooooooooooooooooo
 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Great idea. I suggest you begin your stay with a home match at Millwall FC. Be sure to wear a red shirt, and remember that the fans speak in special code, so when they chant “you’re going home in a fucking ambulance,” they are actually inviting you out for a friendly drink – on them! have fun.[/quote]

Thanks for the handy hint!

Great idea. I suggest you begin your stay with a home match at Millwall FC. Be sure to wear a red shirt, and remember that the fans speak in special code, so when they chant “you’re going home in a fucking ambulance,” they are actually inviting you out for a friendly drink – on them! have fun.[/quote]Here are some more cultural tips for visitors to England: jomiller.com/guide/

Terror firmer - you are a class-A wank-job. “Anywhere in Africa
”

Where do you come from? The little island called “Smug and Content”. You should be sent to Iraq to drive trucks. Twit.

Cape Town

By Day:

By night:

And way, way, way up north.

Foodie Heaven in Marrakesh

[quote=“gregsoul”]Terror firmer - you are a class-A wank-job. “Anywhere in Africa
”

Where do you come from? The little island called “Smug and Content”. You should be sent to Iraq to drive trucks. Twit.[/quote]

Listen pal - I watch a lot of TV, and I’ve seen many things about Africa and as far as I’m concerned only a nutjob would wish to travel to Africa, unless of course you support child prostitution and kids with guns of course, which I can only assume you do.

That looks like the final scene of Fulci’s “The Beyond”.

People,

Please keep this thread on topic. It’s about the shitholes of the world. Terror Firmer gave his opinion; you may disagree but there’s no need to let this subject degenerate into personal attacks on him. It seems some posters rather bait him than make serious posts.

Have a drink and relax. Cheers. :smiley:

1. Shanghai
  2. Shanghai
  3. Shanghai
  4. Shanghai
  5. Shanghai

I absolutely hate Shanghai. It’s really kinda difficult to come to like a city you got robbed in. And my mother got robbed too.
Then you nearly get run over by cars going through red lights as you head towards the subway station.

Then on the subway a farmer who you smelt from the other end of the carriage who looks like he hasn’t washed for a month comes and sits down next to you. (Well the subway only costs 1RMB - 4NT$ - wat d’expect -_-)

Then you arrive at shanghai train station and you look at it and~ “mm not bad design - quite a modern building”- you walk towards it and nearly stand on this black blob at your feet which turns out to be a beggar wrapped in black cloth. Inside the train station, you line up in wat a "queue"and then after what seems years you get to the front and ask for to 3 tickets to Suzhou, and how much each one costs.

The lady glares as me as if there was something my Taiwanese accent, then says “13 RMB each”. However, due to all the yelling and people shoving back and forth behind me, i didn’t hear her say the “shi” (ten") in “shi san kuai” - so i thought they cost 3RMB each - which was much cheaper than what i expected - but oh well - Chinese living standards are lower. So, 3 x 3people = 9RMB so i give her a 10RMB note. She glares at me again and yells “I SAID 13RMB EACH - WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU WANNA GO GIVING ME 10?! STOP WASTING MY TIME” and tells me to go the back of the queue

and so i wait and line up - and get to the front of the queue - where she glares at me again.

There’s more i could talk about but what I want to say is that many people think Shanghai is nice - visit as a tourist - ooh wow nice buildings - pretty pretty - well all you’re seeing is the outside - the appearances.

AND - many people say, “surely it’s not that bad - i mean, they’re working hard to improve
”. Well, it IS that bad - but yes, they are working hard to improve so maybe in the distant distant future i might actually change my opinions about it.

[quote=“archangel-x”]1) Shanghai
2) Shanghai
3) Shanghai
4) Shanghai
5) Shanghai

I absolutely hate Shanghai. It’s really kinda difficult to come to like a city you got robbed in. And my mother got robbed too.
Then you nearly get run over by cars going through red lights as you head towards the subway station. [/quote]

I just went back from a business trip in Shanghai. Its hard for me to know exactly when to cross road. Beep! Beep! So many noises!! I even saw someone beep an old lady. There isn’t a rule to get off car, train
 first 
 scary
 well. I saw none foreigners take buses, they cannot experience the real life there then. It does like quite an interional city if you only look from the outside and a good shopping place for fake stuff, just you have to follow someone going inside a long, dark, narrow way to a warehouse inside the alley to buy it
that impressed me really!!. It costs only 80 RMB for a Gucci bag.

In no particular order:

1. San Lorenzo in Dominican Republic - complete shithole, with the usual tourist hawkers.

Washington, USA - sorry, just thought it was really boring IMO

1. London is a place that everyone should visit, but to live here is not good - 19th century transport systems, old buildings that can only be bought as leasehold, rather than freehold, which means the rich get richer, and the poor doesn’t stand a chance. The Duke of bloody Westminster owns 3/4’s of London buildings!! All on leasehold

I think London will “collapse” in 20 years - too many people, not enough space, too much money in the wrong hands, etc

1. large parts of Bangkok.

2. Sofia, Bulgaria - although this was 12 years ago, so I am sure it has changed quite a bit since then - but until I go back, it stays in my list.

3. Athens, Greece - v interesting to visit, but again not a place to live for any length of time.

/ Trapper

[quote=“Craig”]1) Toronto
2) Toronto
3) Toronto
4) Toronto
5) Toronto

:help:[/quote]

Really? I always heard Toronto is a nice and beautiful city?

I have 4 that spring to mind:

1. Rochester, NY
  2. Dearborn, Michigian
  3. Shreveport, Lousianana
  4. San Chong, TW (is where I am this year :help: )

Martin.

then there’s the pedestrians that just stroll casually along - turn around - glare at you - “you dare drive in to me? go on then - come on-!” and they just walk as slow as like - chatting as they cross the road.

That happens here too and I’m a major culprit.

[quote=“archangel-x”]1) Shanghai
2) Shanghai
3) Shanghai
4) S
[/quote]

You went to Shanghai train station !? Ha ha ha ha !

Sorry, how were you to know ? Shanghai is great if you:

(a) do not walk along the streets - they’re covered in peasants from Anhui - get a taxi, that’s what they’re for;

(b) only eat in ridiculously expensive restaurants and drink in places where you need to put up a gold Rolex and a credit card as deposit;

© live in an expats-only tower block with barbed wire all around.

I am surprised you took your mum to Shanghai train station, I dunno about now, but that used to be the absolute cess pit of Shanghai.

(Could foreigners please stop taking trains in China and then complaining about it ? WTF do people expect ??? What is this burning need to experience hardship and then moan about it
? (or boast about it - even worse) Anyway.)

Worst on top:

Manila
Jakarta
Taipei
Bangkok
Frankfurt

followed by a long list of other Taiwanese cities (or rather towns).
Wouldn’t mind living in Bangkok though, after all I have been in
Taipei for more than two years now, and the convenience of
staying in a big city / the capital wins over staying at a nicer but
usually “remote” place.
But Jakarta and Manila are not even on the list for consideration,
even though I only spend three days in each.

Rascal:

Taipei as one of the top “bottom cities?” Surely, you gest?

Frederick p. Smith V.
Right As Always