Boyscouts Going Bankrupt for Pedophilia

Its about time. Bankruptcy will allow Boyscouts to hide names/details

There were accusations of abuse against approximately 8000 Boy Scout leaders!

1 Like

How does something that big get kept a secret for decades? Kind of like how hundreds Hollywood Protected Weinstein for decades and kept shut or the Catholic Church kept their mouth shut for decades about Pedophilia. Just goes to show thousands can keep secrets for decades at least from the Media.

3 Likes

As a Girl Scout Gold Award recipient who has been constantly shoved aside even by people who call themselves “feminists” in favor of Eagle Scouts, who do much, much less work for their “equivalent” award, I’d love to see the end of an organization that’s really struck me as an extension of patriarchal “Christianity” more than something that develops young boys into charismatic men.
I never felt comfortable at coed BS-GS events (jamborees) growing up, and at one point we went to those almost bi-weekly. We’d roll up in a minivan and a trunk full of tents and a propane stove, the boy scouts would roll up in a caravan and everything plus the kitchen sink. Even the women who lead BS troops had an uncomfortable air about them. They’d also do all the cooking while the boys went off an joined events. And straight up Christian prayers before meals when not everyone was Christian?? shudders. Too many girls in my troop thought that was just cultish, and most of us were raised in some Christian church or other ourselves.
I always felt safe at GS-only events. Even when army dads were leading stuff. Never felt like anyone was “creepy” like I did at jamborees. Had to get past the kindergarten/first grade moms as leaders though. They needed more experience before they could teach the girls to lead, which is probably why people think Girl Scouts is a pathetic imitation of Boy Scouts, which it isn’t. Girl Scout leaders are almost all volunteers while Boy Scouts hire a lot of their leaders.
Boy Scouts is too closely related to every other organization that’s been called out for pedophilia these past few years (namely, Christian churches). The leadership change it would need to be not so dodgy would require the end of their organization as it is.

5 Likes

Prayer before meals is cultish?

1 Like

No, excessively “praise the lawrd” prayer before meals at a secular event is. And this was in the Midwest, not the south.

1 Like

A guess a sex oriented organization (boys only) like the Boy Scouts of America will tend to attract homosexual men just like the Catholic Church.

Just because gay men may naturally like to associate with males. Of course only a very small percentage of them are perverse and have perverse intentions towards young boys.

Really, I learned to smoke and drink, become a man in the boy scouts. Christianity was just in the name.

1 Like

You might have missed the scare quotes there…

When we had a joint event we did all the same, the GS really loved our way of doing things, they joined in happily.

1 Like

So far we have thousands of Pedos and or Child Sex Trafficking in
Boyscouts
Catholic Church
Epstein/Ghislane Maxwell US Govt.
UK Parliament
UK Royal Family
Hollywood (Corey Feldman)
Saudi Arabia
Thailand Buddhist Temples ( https://www.buddhistdoor.net/news/alarm-bells-sounded-over-child-abuse-at-thailands-buddhist-temples)
I wonder which organizations are next to be revealed…

This is a serious issue but the title of this thread is hilarious…

1 Like

Search the interwebs. You can find dirt on all the major religions (and all the major denominations), not just Catholics and Thai Buddhists.

What’s next is probably more of the same. For a scandal to be novel, it will need to involve an atheist organization or something… :cactus:

1 Like

It doesn’t really sound like pedophilia did them in though. Looks like allowing gay and trans leaders caused 400,000 mornons kids to leave, thats huge when your membership is around 2 million.

1 Like

The bankruptcy is very convenient, though, if it stops any actions against the 8000 people who are accused of pedophilia and those who enabled their abuse.

2 Likes

Almost 1/4 of the membership is/was Mormon? If that was the case they probably were doomed as soon as they suggested girls should be allowed to join…

I grew up in the boyscouts and in the LDS church (Mormons). Here is an insider’s perspective…

For me, the boyscouts was great. I started in cub scouts and worked my way to becoming an Eagle scout. Not once did I ever feel unsafe or preyed upon. The program taught me a lot of valuable life skills, I made lifelong friendships and made so many great memories.

My family moved around a lot because I was an Air Force brat. Four years was the longest we ever lived in any location. The bedrock and foundation that I could rely upon for consistency and stability was the scouting program and the church. Without them, growing up moving around so much would have made life so much more difficult.

I know the scouting program had / has its problems of leaders abusing their positions to prey upon children. That is sick and intolerable. However, the program itself was / is not evil. A lot of good comes out of the scouting program.

I want my children to be scouts as well. When I heard Taiwan has a scouting program, I was excited. They are too young now, but I hope the program is still around when they are old enough to join.

One of the things I enjoyed was being able to meet kids with similar interests, values and goals outside the church setting. The jamborees, camping trips, etc allowed me to meet kids outside my faith who I could relate to.

The church has since decided to remove itself from the boyscouts and has instituted its own replacement program…but it is based more upon building spirituality. I’m ok with that. But I feel, for myself and my kids, the scouting program still has a lot to offer.

I hope the leaders who abused their positions and committed atrocities are brought to justice. But I also hope the program can wash itself clean of this mess, start anew and continue to do good for a lot of kids.

5 Likes

Unless it was join in polygamy. Those crazy Mormons know how to live.

:howyoudoin:

I agree, I think it’s a great program in today’s age for kids.

1 Like