Breaking: Hung Hsiu-chu just might be quitting the race

They have an oral contract with the club, stating they must report side gigs to the club, and can’t use their status as Lamigirls in any side gigs. Their dance group manager (known by the name Suli老師) should have another official written contract with the club, since the club has been working with her dance group exclusively since 2006. These 3 have broken those contracts multiple times, including two performances for the KMT for free. The first time was at the KMT’s National Representative Meeting on July 19, that was when Hung got nominated. The second time was doing the photo shoot for Hung.

Although, these three never said they performed for free for the KMT. That was Hung’s statement. I highly doubt their managers would let them perform for free.

The girls also used baseball bats and gloves as props and said they are from the hottest baseball cheering group (職棒女神團體) on both occasions. They didn’t say they are from the Lamigirls, but that’s like someone saying someone didn’t say he’s from the KMT but instead said he’s from the ruling party.

Viewing that video is like watching a train wreck–just brutal.

Guy

OK, so they do not even make sure that they are all on the same page before the press conference?

What the hell are they thinking?

I here assume that the KMT campaign managers are actually thinking.

Indeed. With a campaign like this, it’s hard to imagine these people running the country.

On the other hand, this might help to explain the state of the country now. :slight_smile:

Guy

[quote=“Vilnius”][quote=“Vilnius”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]Her staff said they’re in it till the end.

But for a woman who can’t even run her own campaign, do people really have faith she can run a country? She is taking a break literally because she has run herself into the ground and is handing over the reigns to Ma and King. That does not bode well for someone aspiring to lead the country.[/quote]

Am I the only one who thinks Hung must be a really good
partner in a BDSM relationship? Ouchy![/quote]

As opposed to her DPP opponent who seems like a cold fish.
(correction, frozen fish)[/quote]

How many more times?

Something about female politicians makes weirdo creep out even further.

It’s all very well to post bullshit on an internet forum, but any asshat that thinks that for real about a woman politician deserves some common sense.
:grandpa:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]
How many more times?

Something about female politicians makes weirdo creep out even further.

It’s all very well to post bullshit on an internet forum, but any asshat that thinks that for real about a woman politician deserves some common sense.
:grandpa:[/quote]
:roflmao:

Hung is just…gross, and not very bright. I’m happy she’s leading the Chinese Nationalist Party.

I’m sure they don’t call her the hot little pepper for nothing. And you know she likes to make noise.

Again guys… Really disgusting. If you were making the same crass comments about James Soong in bed I would write it off as a general lack of class, but this is clearly sexist.

Welcome to the internet!

Sort of. There are things you can take as part of Rule 34, but seriously, in this context, it is unnecessary and painful to the yes and brain.

Sure, I accept that childish stuff like this goes down on the Internet all the time. I’m appealing to each of you as individuals to encourage you not to be a party to it. It’s really tasteless. (I know I sound like a school teacher lecturing students, but come on guys, you are all above this.)

Rumor has it that Presidential advisor Liao Liou-yi (廖了以) and former Yunlin magistrate Chang Jung-wei (張榮味) are threatening to split from the KMT and form the “Kuomintang of Taiwan” (台灣國民黨), keeping in mind the real party is called the Kuomintang of China (中國國民黨). Whether this will be like the US Tea Party, which is just a movement within the larger Republican Party, or a completely new political party is unknown.

According to UDN, a person close to Liao said: “Hung Hsiu-chu’s entering the race has been a disaster for [southern Taiwan]. We can’t do anything but take action at this point.” (洪秀柱參選對地方是已經變成災難,現在已不能沒有動作) Word is, they want the KMT to ditch Hung for another candidate (presumably Eric Chu), but I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the election is in January and it’s already practically October. So, in other words: Congratulations President Tsai.

People used to wonder of Lee Teng-hui foisted Lian Chan on the KMT on purpose, in order to make them lose. Now I wonder the same thing about Ma Ying-jeou. Could he be a secret DPP supporter?

Okay, okay–I’ll go take my meds now. And start a new political party tomorrow.

People have been wondering why it is so hard to find the mayor of New Taipei City these days. When disaster strikes, be it plane falling into a river, explosion at a water park, or massive typhoons destroying local tribal villages, Eric Chu is no where to be found. Rumour has it Mr. Chu, chairman of the KMT is fed up with Hung, and will announce that he is resigning from his post as mayor to run for the 2016 presidency.

It’s all over the media. Will turn into a self fulfilling prophecy.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Rumor has it that Presidential advisor Liao Liou-yi (廖了以) and former Yunlin magistrate Chang Jung-wei (張榮味) are threatening to split from the KMT and form the “Kuomintang of Taiwan” (台灣國民黨), keeping in mind the real party is called the Kuomintang of China (中國國民黨). Whether this will be like the US Tea Party, which is just a movement within the larger Republican Party, or a completely new political party is unknown.

According to UDN, a person close to Liao said: “Hung Hsiu-chu’s entering the race has been a disaster for [southern Taiwan]. We can’t do anything but take action at this point.” (洪秀柱參選對地方是已經變成災難,現在已不能沒有動作) Word is, they want the KMT to ditch Hung for another candidate (presumably Eric Chu), but I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the election is in January and it’s already practically October. So, in other words: Congratulations President Tsai.[/quote]

As always, Icon the pessimist here. I guess it is the ambience I work in or what, but I am not so optimistic. A Tsai presidency will be hollow from within the ranks of the gummit, lack of support on every file and rank. There is always a telling hollowing as the rats leave the ship for greener pastures, and that has not happened yet. In spite of the dark clouds looming for the blues.

Which in turn I do not understand. You have president Ma fighting tears regarding commemorations of the 70th anniversary of the victory… well, you know the story, while the rampant corruption practically brings the main cities to standstill. That we do not see the majors basically leads up to not being able to show their faces north and south due to accusations, counteraccusations and other messes. Yet, everything moves as before, same as always, until the tobacco factory folds into itself of other tragedy strikes. and not even then.

It is like the fixing of the roof at Taipei Main: everyone was happy, saying that now with major Ko, the shenanigans would be over and finally there would be some real nice roof over a major landmark. Alas, the same people that brought you the cream colored Freedom Gates at Freedom Plaza aka CKS are stuck again, or shall I say, have struck again…

Which brings me to the question: the blues will still have the LY, no matter what, and certainly after these 8 years, another go at the presidency is quite unlikely, so what is the big deal at letting Hung run? She talks the talk and walks the walk of the major policies and is an adherent o the party line. What is the big deal that has elicited such opposition from within? Certainly, there is little unity to expect based on historical precedents but the animosity goes beyond simple strategies, falling suspiciously into sexism or some ism. I do not believe they grew a conscience or care that they might lose the south, as mathematically and systematically that is not a real possibility. The source of the strength comes from the money generated North of Keelung, so, what is the panic now? One wonders what happened to push Hung first into self-evaluation and now this practically shoving her off the table.

Feels weird, though, no actual campaigning having started.

Why should campaigning take precedence over the citizens’ wellbeing? Why would people vote for someone who doe snot have their backs? Oh, yeah, image: if he is not at the catastrophe site, he is not blamed for it, as many are related to lack of supervision from city government officials and corruption within the ranks: floods/illegal buildings, fire/illegal permits and red envelopes, etc.

The Tefal Effect.

Is he supposed to be physically present at every disaster?

Maybe he and Chen Chu are at their nap taking for mayors club.