Breathing Strips to Open Nose

They look like bandages, but are taped on outside of nose to help open airway.

Most Watsonā€™s and Cosmed stores have them, and some Carrefour outlets carry them, but unlike the bulk packs you can get in North America, here youā€™re limited to 8 and 10 packs. The 8ā€™s are mentholated, the 10ā€™s are regular. They work fine, but theyā€™re not terribly cost effective if you use them every night. I usually buy a yearā€™s worth whenever I go home for a visit. Iā€™ve tried Costco here too, no go. Maybe in the future if the demand rises?

What are these things called in Chinese? I may have to give them a try - between my wife telling me that Iā€™m snoring more, and feeling more and more tired despite usually being in bed for 7-8 hours a night, I need to investigate this kind of thing.

é¼»č²¼é€šā€ (Bi2 tie1 tong1)

Found some at a local pharmacy. Brand is ā€œAiropenā€. Six for $160, too much but wanted to try this brand. They work good. Still looking for more options.
UPDATE: This brand works, but the tape is so strong it almost rips the skin off your nose.

Breathing strips are amazing. Sleep quietly, wake up refreshed, and no dark circles under eyes. I think they may work better than the breathing machine.

[quote=ā€œtango42ā€]é¼»č²¼é€šā€ (Bi2 tie1 tong1)

Found some at a local pharmacy. Brand is ā€œAiropenā€. Six for $160, too much but wanted to try this brand. They work good. Still looking for more options.

Breathing strips are amazing. Sleep quietly, wake up refreshed, and no dark circles under eyes. I think they may work better than the breathing machine.[/quote]
Thanks. Iā€™ll have to give them a try.

[quote=ā€œtango42ā€]é¼»č²¼é€šā€ (Bi2 tie1 tong1)

Breathing strips are amazing. Sleep quietly, wake up refreshed, and no dark circles under eyes. I think they may work better than the breathing machine.[/quote]
Have any bed partners mentioned that the strips stopped you from snoring, or made you snore less?

$160 for six is pretty dear. The ones I mentioned earlier that you can get at Watsonā€™s, Cosmed and some Carrefour outlets are 10 for $125. Not a lot cheaper, but it helps. And they do work well.

I have been trying to find the Large or Extra sized nose strips.
The ones available in the Taiwan stores that you mentioned are regular sized.

BTW, these are also good for exercising to get more air into your lungs.
Some pro athletes use them.

I still have a stash of Large Breathe Right from the US. Iā€™m thinking my only option is to order from Amazon.

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ā€¦ athe+right

Has anyone tried to order these from Amazon?

I make my own. I buy a bag of smaller sized plastic ties and a roll of surgical tape. The wide, brown, 3-M tape has worked the best for me. I had to experiment with the ties at first to find a the right rigidness, now I buy the 150x3.3mm. I cut the plastic ties into 5cm pieces, getting two from each tie. I wrap the 5cm piece with a 5cm piece of surgical tape, then cut a longer piece of surgical tape, not sure how long exactly, 7-8cm Iā€™d guess. I then put the 5cm piece in the middle of the sticky side of the longer piece of tape and wrap it around my nose. Iā€™ve been doing this to sleep for six or seven years now. My only complaint is that sometimes I forget that it is there and have to take it off in a hurry and it brings some skin with it.

1 Like

Great idea, especially since the local ones are not so great quality. Can you describe the ā€œplastic tiesā€ because I canā€™t picture them or what you are using.

http://www.pcstore.com.tw/breathe-home/M15427443.htm

I brought in these for Taiwan market trial. Theyā€™re much sturdier. It might be a little uncomfortable if you use it to sleep but for exercises e.t.c its fantastic when you got a blocked nose.

Great idea, especially since the local ones are not so great quality. Can you describe the ā€œplastic tiesā€ because I canā€™t picture them or what you are using.[/quote]

They look like thisā€¦

I snip off the ends then cut a strip to suit my nose. Then I wrap the strip in this kind of tape (the wide roll) because I donā€™t want the plastic in contact with my skin.

Then I use another strip of tape to attach everything to my nose. The good thing about these ties is that they come in many sizes and are about 15NT for a small bag so you can experiment to see what works best for you.

[quote=ā€œhs172ā€]http://www.pcstore.com.tw/breathe-home/M15427443.htm

I brought in these for Taiwan market trial. Theyā€™re much sturdier. It might be a little uncomfortable if you use it to sleep but for exercises e.t.c its fantastic when you got a blocked nose.

[/quote]

That link does not point to a product as pictured in your posted photo. Instead it is the same breathing strips that are shown in page 1 of this thread, my post.
Iā€™d be curious to try the actual product that is featured in your post though.

[quote=ā€œk.k.ā€][quote=ā€œhs172ā€]http://www.pcstore.com.tw/breathe-home/M15427443.htm

[/quote]

That link does not point to a product as pictured in your posted photo. Instead it is the same breathing strips that are shown in page 1 of this thread, my post.
Iā€™d be curious to try the actual product that is featured in your post though.[/quote]

Oh sorry, first link was to just answer where to get breathing strips. You can try/see ā€˜nozoventā€™ for yourself if you come to our office: http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=126873. But we have not set a NTD price yet. Want me to ask it for you?

I think I have 7 boxes of the Clear Passage Nasal Strips that i brought back from the States. Each box has 30 strips and they are clear so you donā€™t look totally goofy. If anybody wants them I would sell them for 300 a box.

Saw a youtube video where the guy makes them with a band-aid and the plastic from the lid of a pringles potato chip can. And he reuses the plastic piece every day.

[quote=ā€œhs172ā€][quote=ā€œk.k.ā€][quote=ā€œhs172ā€]http://www.pcstore.com.tw/breathe-home/M15427443.htm

[/quote]

Iā€™d be curious to try the actual product that is featured in your post though.[/quote]

Oh sorry, first link was to just answer where to get breathing strips. You can try/see ā€˜nozoventā€™ for yourself if you come to our office: http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=126873. But we have not set a NTD price yet. Want me to ask it for you?[/quote]

Yes please. Iā€™d be willing to give those a try. I am happy with the nose strips for overnight, but another product would be interesting to try as well.

Does it work?

Ask the bull! :thinking:

Iā€™ve bought several versions on eBay, which ships quickly if you have a local credit card. The strips that are used on the nose work well (clean your oily nose well), the ones that slip up your nose are as uncomfortable as f#@$, but can easily be found on eBay. Good luck.