Brewpubs

Went to Gordon Biersch www.brewhouse.com.tw on a couple of occasions these past two months. They are both large with more than adequate seating. Gordon Biersch is the more western style of the two and features some very nice (if a bit pricey) pub food. The Deluxe Brewhouse has a more Taiwanese menu with a few western style dishes and some specials that are served Monday thru Thursday. The beer at both places is on tap and a cut above the usual standard. Neither was busy the times I have been there so check them out while you can. The laoban at the Deluxe Brewhouse said they will be starting Live Jazz in May so that may draw in more customers.

I know this is an old post, but, a brewpub called “Reichburg” opened up near the corner of Daya and JinHua http://goo.gl/maps/g4LY One type of beer that comes in different sized cylinder dispensers. Good Taiwanese bar food (especially the tofu) and nice outdoor seating.

I hope they didn’t overdo the “Reich” theme too much :wink:

Note: This is about Taichung

Thanks for posting that up…

I hope they didn’t overdo the “Reich” theme too much :wink:

Note: This is about Taichung[/quote]

Haha, yeah… they didn’t overdo it too much.

(Also, were you referring to me when you said “This is about Taichung”? Reichburg is in the middle of the city. If not, nevermind.)

[quote=“jdsully8”]Haha, yeah… they didn’t overdo it too much.

(Also, were you referring to me when you said “This is about Taichung”? Reichburg is in the middle of the city. If not, nevermind.)[/quote]

Damn, when answering I was scrolling up to see if this here is in some Taichung part of Forumosa, but didn’t see anything but the topic title. Now, scrolling down, I see it’s in Forum Index » Leisure » Restaurants, Bars & Clubs » Taichung… Sorry if my redundant mentioning of this obvious fact didn’t make too much sense :stuck_out_tongue: