Brexit

NI can join ROI as a Federal Union of Ireland.
In fact many Irish would agree with that, we aren’t as dogmatic as the UK.
Look at Irish rugby team and their anthem.
NI is going nowhere as part of the UK especially if it exits the EU.
It’s really on the road to nowhere.

You see, you didnt give any ground there did you. Case in point. You may as well have just said “your mom”

I did , NI people will be able to keep their British passports as dual nationals. They could have an autonomous region as part of Federal Ireland. They will also be able to remain in the EU instead of further stagnating to shit over the next twenty years. The border is the problem .
UK will not continue to throw money at it.

The Northern Ireland Act 1998, a statute of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, provides that Northern Ireland will remain within the United Kingdom unless a majority of the people of Northern Ireland vote to form part of a united Ireland. It specifies that the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland “shall exercise the power [to hold a referendum] if at any time it appears likely to him that a majority of those voting would express a wish that Northern Ireland should cease to be part of the United Kingdom and form part of a united Ireland”. Such referenda may not take place within seven years of each other.[17]

Oh … this was my understanding . Unless thay have a …Referendum :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Would the results be accepted , I wonder ? Perhaps , due the the importance of it , they should be made to have a second , should they vote for Unification? If you see no similarities at all in that possible scenario, I am stuck

1 Like

That’s not really giving ground though. Giving ground would be taking a step back towards the UK. That would mean something.Otherwise that just fei hua :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How about a union jack on the top right hand corner of your flag?

Its on the top right hand corner of your country already. so how about it?

Never.
Northern Ireland is Irish and belongs as part of a United Ireland of some sort.
The fourth province will return sooner or later.
We waited 800 years for the first three.
We have time. :grin:

:roll_eyes:

Not union jack.
The red hand of Ulster is perfectly acceptable though.

We already have orange for the unionists anyway.

Well then call back later. When you are able to accept Irish people for who they are. In the meantime please feel free to continue to refer to your part of a country as “Ireland”

The Union back means Britain . Why would that be acceptable ?
Northern Ireland has its own flag.
But these things can be debated. I just wouldn’t agree with it.
The red hand of Ulster, that’s a real symbol.

It is an amalgamation of English, Scottish and Irish flags

and involves giving no ground for you

Yeah but northern Ireland wouldn’t be part of the UK anymore , that’s the whole point. It could be an autonomous state as part of a United Ireland though which maintains some linkage with Britain.

Northern Ireland is Ireland’s fourth province, even having it as an autonomous province is giving a lot of ground.

There were five provinces in Ireland going back thousands of years (Meath became part of Leinster).

my opinion is that should be decided , democratically , by the people there. As per the Law.
Under the Republic of Ireland Act 1948, Ireland declared itself a republic and left the British Commonwealth. In response, the United Kingdom passed the Ireland Act 1949. Section 1(2) of this act affirmed the provision in the Treaty that the position of Ireland remained a matter for the Parliament of Northern Ireland:
They can vote to unify , at any time , should they choose to . Perhaps a Referendum ? :roll_eyes:
I could watch Irish politics again , now the Reverend is not there

You have got to be kidding. Frikking Dubliners, man…

Ok so thats settled then: the autonomous oblast of your mom, and a union jack on our country, but not on your flag. business as usual. :rofl:

Would English peoole consider Yorkshire or Cheshire as an independent province. Case closed.

Upper Leason street is awesome . I love Dublin :hugs:

I don’t think that cheese has anything to do with this.:grin:

2 Likes

Which brings me to the fact if we three got together over a beer , we could fix these problems in a night :blush:

2 Likes

Throw in some cheddar and stout let’s do this lol.

3 Likes

I get all sentimental and will start playing “ Danny Boy” on the piano , and fall about drunk , laughing :pensive:

1 Like