Brexit

I actually think that the DUP are talking some sense right now because Mays deal Brexit does threaten the UK, so why vote for it? They ‘want to see Brexit but UK comes first’ exactly. Just cause you ordered it doesn’t mean you have to eat it! Send it back, go to another restaurant, please!

Also they don’t want a hard border, that is disingenuous to say that

1 Like

Exactly right. If they had not wanted peace they’d still be fighting now.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. I had him down as a Catholic.

1 Like

Hey what happened to the footedness reference, you cant retract that! :joy:

It was unnecessarily rude.

Just so everyone else is aware of what I posted - I referred to Catholics as left footers. It was unnecessary and wrong. Sorry.

Under the powers endowed upn me by the king of the little endians, I am hereby officially cancelling your Irish banter license @BiggusDickus. Shame on you!:rofl:

1 Like

Most people wouldn’t have a clue what he was talking about anyway.

1 Like

Indeed, But the people in Northern Ireland would do, and that is relevant to the current situation.

I don’t even understand what that means.

We aren’t sectarian in the republic, .And I have no religion, but the large majority of inhabitants in Ireland just want a united Ireland. We have plenty of all types of people and embrace them.
But united Ireland will be it’s own country.
Most of you don’t kNow the history of Ireland that well and it’s not really the core topic her,e,.But there was a parliament in Dublin when Ireland was united and the British govt shut it down and moved them all to England.

1 Like

I’m surprised that you don’t know what it means, and this casts doubts on your desire for a united Ireland.

No fucking idea. Not important in the slightest.
I told you we are not sectarian. But we can smell bigots like the DUP and those trying to block progress. Their vote is getting smaller they are getting desperate now. Gerrymandering won’t work anymore. Trends are against them, going against majority wishes in NI and with odds on that Scotland will exit UK now as well. Bigots all of them.

I go back to the UK every summer and I spend a few days in NI.

Possibly my sample size is an outlier bunch of sectarian bigots. But my view is that if you think unification will be easy you are wrong. These guys aren’t going down without a fight.

1 Like

Fight then. They will lose. Britain doesn’t want them anymore. They will say good riddance.
I didn’t say unification was easy. I said it will happen one way or another, eventually. I also didnt say anything about not having some accommodations. I said Ireland is for Irish people.
It shall be ruled from Dublin and all shall be forced to sing Molly Malone first thing in school of a morning .

1 Like

Hehe …would that not be an oxymoron?

Nope , look them up. They are actually the definition of bigots.

I would see homosexuality as something which merited the curse of God.

“AIDS came about because of sexual contact between homosexuals. Now that to me is something which shows in a small way that there is more than just human opposition to homosexuality.

“In the Bible there is only one sin which called down literal fire and brimstone from God and that wasn’t murder, it wasn’t theft, it was homosexuality.”

Compare to ROI

Have fun with that.

Have more fun with that.

What a terribly divided country the UK is.

1 Like

No Brian the British Army went back into the north to protect the catholics not the protestants, that I hope you accept as truth.
@BiggusDickus to be fair to our friend Brian, he is right in that the South is way less sectarian and many in the south would not know the term. However, he is wrong if he thinks we would lose. Not yet Brian, if the IRA tried that now they’d have way less inside and outside support than in the 70s and 80s. They’d lose badly. Peace was the best option for them. Blowing up little children in Manchester didn’t go down too well with their rich American donors not did their American donors much like finding the IRA’s best friend Gaddaffi blew up an American airliner.over Scotland.
Do you want another war? I don’t but as @BiggusDickus alludes to there are some very capable and well determined people around to deal with that. Now I know why you’re so pro remain.

Is that why you are there?