Brexit

2 Likes

To mark 1000 days since the EU referendum, government releases comprehensive recap of everything achieved so far:

4 Likes

I hope this will turn out to be beneficial for all the smaller webmasters, since a smaller amount of content can be more easily overlooked by humans.

If not, could you install me a VPN proxy in the UK?

Thanks!

It’s a very British cock-up.

We’re at the blame game stage now, when nothing has actually happened.

I guess that is the whole point @BiggusDickus :confused: Brexit , as it was promised , has not been delivered

2 Likes

Hold on, old chap. It’s happening tomorrow. My birthday, by the way.

Or have the goalposts been moved?

The goalposts will be moved . The Law will be changed to extend the deadline. A no deal Brexit was voted down , which tomorrow would technically be.

It does seem to be a bad idea but maybe someone from the Tech World can give us an opinion ?

This is an affront to democracy. I disagree, marginally, to EU exit. However, the electorate made a decision.

2 Likes

Quite a few similarities to Trump being elected in the USA. Russia…lies…silly , uneducated people dared to vote for him …so we should oust him by any means possible, because we know what is best for you great unwashed.
The argument of mis-information is fallacious , as both sides were just as guilty , and that happens in every election.
All this has managed to show , is the futility of people voting for something that the Establishment does not want.

Having being told earlier this week that ‘No Deal’ was ‘off-the-table’ it now is apparent that the reverse is true. In truth, ‘No Deal’ never was ruled out.

As things stand, we are leaving on April 12th with ‘No Deal’. It’s the legal default.

The ‘Indicative Votes’ tonight simply illustrated that there is no majority for anything.

Currently the only way that the default ‘No Deal’ can be defeated is if Members of Parliament buckle and vote for the PMs deal.
interesting slant on British voting

Here are the problems with May’s deal

Had the Referendum been carried out using our General Election system ( Constituencies and First past the Post ) Lord Ashcroft highlighted the probable share Countrywide.
382 areas … Remain 31.2 % Leave 68.8% interesting that whichever way you evaluate the vote , it was legal and decisive .
I understand it may be a decision that many do not want . I hoped that wishing to have Democratic Government that is accountable to the people would override their prejudice.

1 Like

It conveniently leaves out the hard border question between the two Irish territories.

Ends free movement in both directions
Ends sums of money in both directions
Ends CJEU jurisdiction in the UK - your government always made the majority of rules in the UK. A lot is blaming the EU for their own failure. #
Also there are many EU rules that actually protect you from your own government.
Out of the Common Agricultural Policy- explains why Scotland and Northern Ireland wants to remain.
Out of the Common Fisheries Policy- OK you have an advantage point there.
No Risk of hard border in Irish Sea - See my first line above.
Certain escape from common rule book. - Who wants rules? It’s for the green check mark, I guess.
Immediate ability to do trade deals. - True except you just lost the deal with all the EU member states, which is a lot. And the idea you could do business as usual and then swamp the EU with your imported WW junk and Rubbish doesn’t fly with the EU.
40 billion Pound immediate saving - by now we all know what Brexit has already cost the UK. So…
Never Ending transition- I say good bye and hurry up.
The Brexit we voted for - you mean you voted for, the others had no idea.

1 Like

I mean the majority of voters in the UK , in the Referendum . The vote was Leave or stay . Deal or no deal . ( They had no idea ?) That was ratified by Parliament . If our politicians have been unable to compromise with the EU, then for both , seems we should leave and , yes, fair to say the voters had no idea that our politicians would be so inept.
I posted the comparison, purely to show what seems to be on the table now. Not necessarily my opinions

1 Like

Remember in general the middle class human mind thinks like such; “Person A does not agree with me, therefore person A is either smart and evil or just a dumb pleb who is below me.”

It could NEVER be delivered as promised (should I wheel out the old promises list so everybody can recap :wink:).

Hence…Now.

The UK could leave tomorrow, however it’s clear the government, most people and MPs don’t want to leave without some kind of deal.

In fact it’s just the DUP holding it up now…they don’t want any deal specifically because they want a HARD border in Ireland, dividing our island. They aren’t even the government in Northern Ireland. Their aim is to create political division and poverty. Exit from the EU is an excuse to go back to the bad old days.
Pure scum.

And this is just the withdrawal agreement, the real ‘deal’ is the trade agreement going forward.

The big question is , are we upper class , middle class , or lower class ? I don’t know anymore . I understand your DUP point , but Sinn Fein would have been just as obstinate if the tables were turned . Lot of division there , but as it stands , N.I. Is part of the U.K…

1 Like

Yes it’s British that’s correct. :sunglasses:

It’s still Ireland and we will get it back , sooner or later. It won’t be British for ever , there won’t even be a Britain beyond another decade or two. :sunglasses:

I wish you would take it back, its taking you so.long. No one really wants it. The north can leave the UK if they chose but so far they are British Remainers:rofl:

Do you know any Northern Irish Protestants?

2 Likes

I thought he was protestant ?