Brexit

I’m all for the Toffs :hugs: someone has to take charge of all these Scottish acres :smirk:. Talking from a purely neutral position .

Actually a lot of them are also owned by foreign business people I believe (according to the article I read). Interestingly when you buy these estates you buy the houses that some/all these villagers live in as well. Which is kind of bizarre to me that the villagers have been living like serfs for hundreds of years. Anyway glad we broke up most of the estates in Ireland and land reform also was a huge thing in Taiwan. As Finley knows well the Philippines is also incredibly unequal in terms of land ownership .

Would have loved to see that.
Love the retarded comments too :grin:.

These idiots don’t even know that one of the reasons why Ireland became independent was because of US support in the first place. Honour your agreement or crash out . Up to you. You won’t be getting any free stuff from the US.

‘Sources’ said:

They were really condescending to the group, repeatedly saying the issue been ‘‘concocted’’ by Remainers, Brussels, and Leo Varadkar, and essentially that they were unwitting dupes.

I’d need to see exactly what was said. Only the final clause is condescending and that is opinion.

You know what he said from the same old rubbish he’s been saying for years…Pelosi told him to shut it.
Why do you think she’s wearing green ? Those congressmen and women have been visiting the republic and northern Ireland for decades, they can smell the bullshit a mile away.

Did she do an Oirish accent too?

I don’t know what does an Oirish accent sound like, ‘Brits Out’?

1 Like

'She issued a stern warning that if Brexit undermines the Good Friday Agreement it will end hopes of a US-UK trade deal. ’

So that’s two for two now. Merkel and Tusk same position for EU. Macron just wants to throw the UK out with no deal.

And people call Leo Varadkar a dupe lol, condescending bastards being run rings around.

https://youtu.be/Zat9CRfUr-E

Got your place booked when you move back to Blighty ? :wink:

No wish to return , Just got a couple of houses to dispose of and then find somewhere with a view to live :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So disappointing. I was expecting it to happen last week.

1 Like

Time to bang some heads together …altogether now…seems relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DxHWCOCq0
video version …poignant
https://youtu.be/iRgtzZ-mOQo

Most of the fields bordering my UK land are apparently owned by some eccentric princess from the UAE.

The miracle of capitalism is that people are allowed to sell their stuff to whoever they like. It’s just a pity that Brits don’t seem to comprehend the value of what they have, or don’t have the brains to earn any income from it.

There is no land “ownership” in the Philippines. Not as it exists in the West. The reason is that the government fundamentally does not understand (or deliberately subverts) the pact between the State and the individual that makes land ownership possible. Titles overlap or are incorrectly described on titles. New land grants are made without any regard to who is occupying those lands at present (and, again, the grants are typically a right mess, with overlapping or incorrect boundaries). Maps are decades out-of-date and appear to have been hand-drawn by 12-year-olds with no reference to the actual geography. Squatters have a legal right to squat, which essentially nullifies the whole concept of land ownership. If you have a dispute, the government will show no interest whatsoever - you’re on your own. The only people who own land de facto are those who can raise private armies, or those who come to some informal arrangement with their neighbours.

“Unequal” doesn’t even begin to cover it.

End? Delay, perhaps.

Elections have consequences. Consequences have consequences. Everything of consequence has consequences. It’s called causality, and it doesn’t just stop when you want it to.

but you own the sky above :laughing:

This is the argument for colonialism. They used to call it the white man’s burden, but that’s too racist nowadays.

A little over a century it was the ancestors of this sorry lot that were the colonialists, developing resources all over the globe. Now they have to import food.

Hitler’s Blitz failed, but then the statists sneaked in the back door and wrecked the very culture.

Brexit is England’s last chance at relevance. If they don’t do this, the UK may as well be Ireland or Sweden or Denmark or somesuch.

Words of wisdom there Rowland , always be careful of the 'ists.

FIFY