Brexit

Errr , Why are you presuming I am Racist? That is one hell of an accusation

You keep bringing race and nationality into every statement.

Leave it out will ya. Just do the politics.

I am from Ireland it doesn’t mean I represent every Irish person. Grow up.

Same with the talk about Africans, Muslims blah blah.

Everyone’s a racist.

That is utter tripe. YOU constantly pontificate about how wonderful the eU and Irish Economies are and how terrible Brexit decision was. Then you post a Hairy Budda Meme, which i take in good humour and part of the banter. Where have I mentioned Muslims? I was relying to your jibe about Pitchforks and Torches coming to the UK soon and I mentioned Paris because the unrest there is terrible and a failure of the French Government, as much as anything. So you get upset with any reply . There was a time when you were happy to agree to disagree. That time has obviously past. You need to Know i do know you dont’ represent ALL Irish people, just as I don’t represent ALL UK people. It IS all Politics.
Grow up please .

Nah you had to stoop to using racial stereotyping leprechaun stuff cos you couldn’t have a good ole fashioned debate.

Poor show.

Doesn’t reflect well on you.

Wow, I thought it was jesting and certainly no worse than a " You are so wise. You’re like a niniature Buddha covered in hair Meme. That you posted. You have been decrying Brexit and Trump and extolling the virtues of the EU. Your views, Fine . But your vitriol and intolerance is new to me , so I will need to adjust. As we used to , Let us agree to disagree.

No very statement it’s Irish this, Ireland that.
Give it up. I am HHII, BrianJones not representative of the Irish govt I haven’t even lvied in Ireland for 20 years .

Every time I post something that supports the remain point of view in the UK you take it as a license to somehow attack Ireland or the Irish prime minister.

It’s pretty weird.

I find it more weird that you write this";But we will take the off shore money and jobs of two faced Brexiteers, thank you !" It is reasonable to describe Brexiteers as “Two faced” ? Maybe that was aimed at JRM ? Who knows? You have started with the Generalisations of “Every time” Racist, Muslims. Africans aimed at me. Really ? Politics not Race… as you so eloquently said . Please don’t get triggered BJ. We managed to have a banter throughout many years. I don’t think less of you for your views, but I won’t stand by without an alternative view.

This brexit debate just like the real one is going nowhere .

I see how Brian could get the wrong idea from that post, considering that immigration was being discussed earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBhs7JP4JI

I’d feel sorry for her if it wasn’t such comedy gold.

1 Like

She wants her cake and eat it too.
The EU holds the cards here, they should tell her to pound salt

You want to separate but then demand the EU makes a deal…hahaha

2 Likes

I’m in London now and I hope (it’s actually pretty certain though) this Brexit thing blows up hard next year so my life here would be cheaper. :rofl:

I don’t pretend to understand all the bureaucratic issues here, but I’m baffled by the Northern Ireland issue. Of course there would be a customs border between Southern and Northern Ireland if Ireland remains in the EU and Northern Ireland does not. How could it be otherwise? May doesn’t seem to have actually understood the issue (unless she’s just explaining herself really badly). It wouldn’t be Northern Ireland incorporated into the European customs union but Southern Ireland remaining within it.

However it pans out, it sounds like Brexit is probably going to provoke a fundamental rethink of the UK relationship with Ireland. Could well end up with a resurgence of “the troubles”.

1 Like

There’s no such place as Southern Ireland , it’s the Republic of Ireland.
We demand respect !

The shitshow of Brexit rolls on…

I believe the term is 'go whistle '.
The UK still owes a lot of money on exit so they can use that as leverage but I don’t think it will make any significant impact .

I blame Labour for not having a credible plan such as Norway option at the last election . It’s all suiting the extreme brexiters who are playing out the remaining overtime at this stage.

May is rejecting a customs border between Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not rejecting a border between NI and ROI. Brussels gives London two options. One is the Norway option (EEA), which means that Brexit basically wouldn’t happen in any meaningful way apart from name. The other one is where the NI impasse lies, aka Northern Ireland would remain in the single market along with ROI, effectively being separated from the rest of the UK economy-wise. The reason is that the EU doesn’t want a border controlled by the UK that might threaten the single market.

I know that’s what she said first, but why should such a border exist? Both of them would be outside of the EU. Later on, she talks about a border between NI and SI (which actually makes sense).

Because if EU’s second option actually happens, NI would still be subjected to all of EU’s economic regulations and tariffs whereas GB wouldn’t. It’s not a real border (at least not immediately), but it could lead to a real one in the future, which is why she’s talking about “dividing our country” blahblahblah.

A hard border between NI and ROI is a different and mostly political issue.

Anyway the whole thing is just a mess.

A Norway option is literally completely disregarding the outcome of the referendum.

1 Like

No such place as Southern Ireland .