Brexit

Love it :grinning:

I never said the EU breaking up would be a good idea. I said it’s struggling, not crumbling.

It’d be a bit of a stretch to say that the Union is thriving today with one of its largest member states (probably) leaving in a week, one of another largest member states sliding into recession (Italy), and one of yet another largest member states deep in series of large-scale protests (France). It’s totally in crisis. You can say that Ireland or Denmark or Poland are doing well, but they are not the majority.

I don’t think I have to have been there to call a country poor and corrupt. People call Taiwan poor (sometimes) and corrupt all the time and Romania is multiple folds worse than that.

So you’re saying Taiwan is paradise?

You can’t start again . This is the real world.

And when people do try to start again from zero wars start. You get all kinds of crazy dictatorships and autocracies such as in NAZI Germany and the Khmer Rouge.

Have a listen to this, to hear from a left perspective why the EU is shit. And I wouldn’t have left

https://youtu.be/bMJ32vBstvY

Taiwan is in a very unstable security situation and has a polluted environment , also it does not have the backup of 27 other powerful club members , how would it be paradise?

Because it’s all relative . @Gain and me , accept that the pollution is bad :grinning:

How many people want to move (migrate) to Taiwan ?
Enough said really…

It’s richer than all of Eastern Europe, Greece, and Southern Italy, and it’s not a small gap. There’s also education, healthcare and running electricity and water. And Eastern Europe is very polluted. The air pollution is worse than in Taiwan. By your logic Taiwan should be a paradise of the paradise then.

The argument that people have the opportunity to move and work in EU 27 is extremely stupid. That only means those from poor countries would be sucked into the richer countries.

1 Like

How many people want to move to the EU that is not those that were already rich before the EU?

Taiwan can’t compare to most of Europe in terms of environmental controls or security situation and opportunity . Fact.
Taiwan is in a very precarious situation politically .I say that as someone who has lived and worked here for decades but who has also lived in the EU for decades (unlike you :)).

People always ask me how is Taiwan doing ? Why do you live in Taiwan?

You were saying that Eastern Europe and Greece and Italy are like “paradise”, then you completely ignored that and started to brag about the selected rich countries in the EU. Your logic is nonexistent.

I see tons of European countries with worse air pollution record.

Yeah, in the selected EU countries that don’t need the EU to do well.

Taiwan

Taiwan only has one friend left holding it together unfortunately. The EU has its members backs. Taiwan can’t even sign any FTAs now as it keeps getting blocked. This is very bad for investment and drives up import costs and reduces competition.

Your attitude is PRECISELY why the Union is not popular and why populism is raging all over Europe. You can’t seem to grasp that there are plenty of loser in the process of European integration. Just because your country has been a beneficiary to the Union doesn’t mean everyone is.

2 Likes

Who were the big losers ?
Are you telling me the EU told the Tories to implement austerity ? :smile:

The EU is still popular in Europe.
Any idiots who think that life will be better for most countries outside of the EU…Explain !
Cause that’s not how the world works.

Right now the UK is floundering around like a beached whale.

Yeah right … the EU has its members backs so good that the only thing Brussels can do to counter Hungary and Poland’s democracy backsliding is absolutely nothing. The EU has its members backs so good that one of its richest and largest member states is sinking in a week thanks to Russian misinformation that it did nothing to prevent.

Wait a second you want the EU to be a dictatorship now ?
Or you are saying the EU is too weak?

Make up your mind what the problem is.

If the EU can’t do anything at all, in what ways does it have its members back?

The EU isn’t a federal superstate.

At the same time through its mighty economic bargaining power it can protect rights of individual states by signing binding EU FTAs with other states.

Also all members sign up to EU conventions that they broadly adhere to…

Yeah, it’s a struggling Union with plenty of internal problems.