Bring back guanxi OR adjustable ratings?

So anybody could come along and wipe out the whole thing!!?? :astonished:

They donā€™t need them, but often times do. Admins too.

Yep. Which is what Gus said already happened to the old one. But thereā€™s usually the capacity to undo changes and revert to previous versions, and the ability to protect pages from changes by unauthorised users.

[quote=ā€œj99l88e77ā€][quote]Some individual posters should get their own classic posts thread

Humor and quips thread:
Chewycorns
RichardM
Sandman
BroonALe
[/quote]

Why?[/quote]

Because they consistantly have made me laugh (sometimes, in the case of RichardM, out loud, spitting water and/or coffee/mixed beverages)ā€¦an albeit subjective comment, yet true nonetheless.

[quote=ā€œbobā€]
A Sysop is something like a moderator then yeah?[/quote]Different title, somewhat different job but very similar responsibilities.[quote]So anybody could come along and wipe out the whole thing!!??[/quote]
Yes, as GE mentioned someone could come and wipe out big portions. I believe some pages can only be edited by a Sysop to help prevent that.

I assume a Sysop would have to keep an eye on the content, new additions and edits made by other members as well as provide assistance for them. Much like being a mod to that respect.

In brief, I think itā€™s not quite like being a mod and maybe a little bit quieter on the ā€œday shiftā€ but itā€™s also pretty helpful.

Now I wanted to pay you respect bob and put something classic in there from you but after reading all your postsā€¦Nada? Nothingā€¦Zilch. :frowning:

:laughing: :wink: