Bringing family to Taiwan

Yes, but logic behind that rationale is they consider the mainland area person to be a ROC national.

1 Like

yes, so she can get her roc hhr without renunciation via her prc hhr.

iiuc, she cannot get her roc nwohr passport through her mothers prc nationality.

I think one can be legally considered to be a nwohr without having the passport.

1 Like

That’s Taiwan national without household registration. Mainlanders are basically considered foreigners for most intents and purposes. They are not NWOHR, but are governed by separate laws.

They’re more like NWOATDWT (“Nationals Without Anything To Do With Taiwan).

one can be a nwohr if at least one of ones patents have a certificate of ROC nationality, and if so, can get an roc passport.

Go have a read of the ROC constitution and the ROC nationality act…

I agree Taiwan should have Taiwan Citizenship only, and a nation of Taiwan. However, when you read the constitution and the nationality act together that is not the case.

1 Like

Mainlanders are called “Mainland Area ROC nationals”. They are not referred to as NWOHR, which is short for “(Taiwan Area) National Without Household Registration”.

And then there’s also this:

1 Like

Did you read the whole article??

nwohr is a specific legal status for roc national who can provide a certain certificate to prove their roc nationality. even if you are an roc national and don’t have roc hhr, you cannot be recognized as a nwohr without providing a certificate.

1 Like

Therefore is an Australian. She is not a citizen of China. China as we know does not recognize dual citizenship. My DIL was born in Sydney to parents from China. She has entered Taiwan of course on Australian passport. She is an Australian. She did not apply for ARC just visiting. She has visited China never used a PRC travel document.

No reason for Taiwan to ask anything else of your daughter as she was not born in China.

I hold a gold card ARC, my daughter holds an Australian passport and was born in Australia.

Your daughter is an Australian citizen and is NOT a Chinese national.

Her chinese travel document says chinese citizen… the legal effect is that while in china her Australian citizenship is not recognised hence they don’t recognise dual citizenship, which also means my daughter cannot receive consular assistance in China.

As a child dependent of you. Using her Australian passport and getting a dependent ARC.
My son had an ARC as a dependent of me on his Australian passport even though I did not have Australian citizenship at the time.

No. She is a Chinese citizen. Her Australian citizenship is the one that’s not recognized in China.

According to Article 5 of the Nationality Act of the PRC, a child born abroad to a PRC national is still considered a PRC national if the PRC parent did not settle abroad, even if they automatically acquired foreign nationality at birth.

We are talking about for getting an ARC for Taiwan. His daughter is an Australian, born in Australia. They aren’t moving to China. His bigger issue will be getting ARC for his wife.

I was responding to this:

She is still a citizen of China even if she gets an ARC in Taiwan using her Australian passport.

No problem getting an ARC for my daughter… my wife is another matter at least until she gets Australian citizenship.

1 Like

roc don’t recognize the travel document as an official document, so she isn’t a mainland person or a roc national for them. she is just an australian without an official document to prove her prc nationality. iiuc.

3 Likes

Yes if the daughter does not have PRC passport with ID number and PRC Hukou then she is not a PRC citizen for Taiwan’s intent and purposes.

1 Like