Bringing the wife

I’ll be coming to Taiwan in a few months. My wife, who is Korean, will also come. She is going to study Mandarin at some university. Me paying for the two of us an her school is not a problem.
What I want to know is, what about her visa status. Should she stay independently from me on a student visa, or as my dependent? Could she still study as a dependent? Possibly do both? What kind of tax benefits would there be for having her as a dependent?

Anyone else have a none western or Taiwanese wife in Taiwan?

If she studies full time, she should be able to stay at a tourist visa, convertible to an ARC after a period of time.

If you are here on an ARC, she could be able to get an ARC based on her status as your dependant.