British Best Thing that Ever Happened to the Planet

[quote]That

[quote]Dr Shahin is the product of a deformed culture. In the days after 9/11, we heard innumerable reprises of the lazy leftist trope

After 1h I can come up with something Britain can learn from Germany:

• not to boil vegetables by simply putting 12 pieces (pees or so) in a laaaaarge pot of hot water without salt.

At least my aunt in Alcester does it that way :sunglasses:

I have trouble with this.
The British were in Singapore. Look at it.
The British were in Hong Kong. Look at it (before the PRC took over).
The British were in India. Look at it.
The British were in most of the Middle Eastern countries. Look at any of them.
Whats the problem with the middle east???

It MUST be the people and the culture.

Maybe it’s that a handful of decades of tenuous rule (abetted local intermediaries) isn’t enough to fundamentally alter cultures that are thousands of years old. The British brought parliamentary democracy to India, but millions of Indians today still live almost exactly as their ancestors did centuries ago.

Christ! That little village was where I did my beat. That’s my police station. Maybe I know your aunt.
Small world and that.

Nothing can change cultures that are 1000’s of years old, however they can be influenced, albeit slightly.

Christ! That little village was where I did my beat. That’s my police station. Maybe I know your aunt.
Small world and that.
[/quote]

Close to Stratford upon Avon, she is a retired teacher at elementary school married to one of her former headmasters. Originally German, but came with 14 to England with her mum …

I miss her pudding! Did not go there so long. Oh that English strawberry pudding, hmmmmmmmm. Nothing like it.
English food is said to be bad, but … just some stuff is a bit simple. I always tell Germans nagging about it, I could combine a first class English dinner (combine, not cook it), which would make them lick their fingers…