British Man kills Taiwanese wife in Boracay, Philippines

SuchAFob,there’s an INCALCULABLY huge difference between giving a brutal criminal his just desserts & actual criminal behaviour.And by no means would administering a coup de grace to such a creature constitute criminal behaviour.
And I don’t see how it could in any way whatsoever,justify violent crime.It would simply mean justice.

I know that if some waste of oxygen did anything like that to MY daughter,it would be one of the last things he would ever have done.

Your views are atypical of those to be found in a world awash with notions that violent criminals,& more especially those who have mudered,intended to murder,or wouldn’t have cared if they had murdered or ruined someones life by raping them,have received a just punishment for their heinous crimes by being incarcerated.

By what they have done,they have forfeited the right to humane treatment & should not be afforded the luxury of being housed & fed at state(read YOUR) expense.

Nahh,f***it,snuff 'em out. :thumbsdown:

But people are always going to murder in the style of this case. Without wishing to sound like a bleeding heart, it does say a lot about our state of civilisation how we react to this sort of thing. The woman is dead. Hanging this man is not going to bring her back. And sentencing is no deterrent to violent crime. Not that I am one for comfy prisons. Unless there are extraordinary extenuating circumstances, murderers need to be removed from society, whether or not they will re-offend, and not for punishment per se, but because they have broken the golden rule, and civilised society is one of rules, and none is more important than the sanctity of human life. If we are still the society or Rousseau’s “social contract” then we need to forgo barbaric revenge and put dealing with crims in the hands of the elected government. If they are putting murderers back into society before their time we need to give more of a shit about what our government is doing, or our “democracy” is meaningless.

And one of my “extenuating circumstances” would be a bereaved family member murdering the murderer. We cannot legislate human nature out of existence.

Hanging the man is not going to bring the woman back,but haven’t we all had a gutfull of this oft-repeated & nonsensical “reasoning”?It’s not ABOUT bringing her back,Lord Lucan.It’s about setting an example for other miscreants who would think of perpetrating these sorts of crimes.

Sure,it’s not infallible,but it DOES reduce this kind of crime.And pray tell,how on earth can administering the death penalty to the kind of creature be barbaric?Come ON man!The punishment should match the crime!

Rape a child(or anyone) & be prepared to have a hot poker shoved up your rectum & your tool to be slammed shut in a drawer,hacked off with a bread knife,put in a quarry to do hard labour,& fed dry bread until you die of malnutrition,you sick baaastard!! :rant: :rant:

Sounds like an act of extreme passion or temporary madness - a month of binge drinking and 10 years of hating each other?

Read back what the Lord had to say. He really isn;t talikng out his arse (nor I you I hasten to add)

A slow puncture? Shudder!

HG

Draconian punishments don’t deter crime. The liklihood of being caught however, does, in cases where blind passion isn’t a factor.

I’m not suggesting we go easy on violent crims. They can be used as slave labour for example.

[quote=“igorveni”][quote=“TomHill”]All the mid-40’s men married to locals won’t go out tonight. They will be sat home thinking… “That could have been me!”

At what point does anger for your wife leading to smashing a bottle round her head and strangling her?[/quote]
At the point when you become a complete coward.[/quote]

I don’t understand your usage of the term “coward”. How is breaking into a jealous rage and killing someone an act of cowardice?

[quote=“gao_bo_han”][quote=“igorveni”][quote=“TomHill”]All the mid-40’s men married to locals won’t go out tonight. They will be sat home thinking… “That could have been me!”

At what point does anger for your wife leading to smashing a bottle round her head and strangling her?[/quote]

I don’t understand your usage of the term “coward”. How is breaking into a jealous rage and killing someone an act of cowardice?[/quote]

Hitting a woman is a cowardly act, no matter what the motivation. Although I suspect even raising a hand to Tash or Buttercup could be grounds for some kind of sick suggestion of either bravery or sheer stupidity.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote=“gao_bo_han”][quote=“igorveni”][quote=“TomHill”]All the mid-40’s men married to locals won’t go out tonight. They will be sat home thinking… “That could have been me!”

I don’t understand your usage of the term “coward”. How is breaking into a jealous rage and killing someone an act of cowardice?[/quote]

Hitting a woman is a cowardly act, no matter what the motivation. Although I suspect even raising a hand to Tash or Buttercup could be grounds for some kind of sick suggestion of either bravery or sheer stupidity.

HG[/quote]

Why? What if the woman is able to defend herself? Is hitting a man a cowardly act? No? What if he’s drunk and lying on the floor?

I think the term “coward” is as misused or at least overused as the term “hero”. It seems like every single combat soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan is a hero, if we are to believe the American media and Pentagon’s charactization. And yet a man who stuffs ballbearings, nails, and rat poison into his pockets, straps on a charged vest, storms an American firebase in Afghanistan and blows himself up and nine US soldiers with him, is a “coward”.

I don’t think that people who become enraged and kill others, be they women or men, are cowards. They’re just overcome with anger.

[quote=“JAS”]Ah…Belgium…where the police seem to botch every investigation.
[/quote]Really ? Don’t you think you’re exaggerating ?

Are all your threads born of xenophobic hate or are you just a troll ?

I take it you are a young chap, Mr A Hun. You see, in my world a gentleman simply doesn’t batter in one’s partner’s scone with a bottle, nor even raise it in her presence for any other reason than to admire her beauty. And this is regardless of whatever provacations said gentleman my feel.

One may, as William Burroughs did, offer to take out an apple perched on the dear’s head with a none-too-carefully aimed pistol, or even as I suggested previously, use an RPG on a water buffalo in Cambodia, but a bottle battering is simply too passionate if you think about it.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I take it you are a young chap, Mr A Hun. You see, in my world a gentleman simply doesn’t batter in one’s partner’s scone with a bottle, nor even raise it in her presence for any other reason than to admire her beauty. And this is regardless of whatever provacations said gentleman my feel.

One may, as William Burroughs did, offer to take out an apple perched on the dear’s head with a none-too-carefully aimed pistol, or even as I suggested previously, use an RPG on a water buffalo in Cambodia, but a bottle battering is simply too passionate if you think about it.

HG[/quote]

Hey, I am not defending this alleged murderer any more than I am defending terrorists who killed soldiers. I just his action was a crime of passion, not a demonstration of cowardice.

:noway:

Shit. Just decided to look at this thread.

Bloody Hell. Yes I know him. From well before his Taiwan days.

Truly surprised/shocked.

BroonAghast

Oops, looks like the mods stepped in and deleted some posts.

[color=green]MOD NOTE: Several posts were merged into the Death Penalty thread in IP.[/color]

Back on topic. Let’s keep in mind the alleged murderer is an alleged murderer. We should wait for some more facts before we measure the rope, OK folks? I am not fond of these trials by media.

[quote=“gao_bo_han”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I take it you are a young chap, Mr A Hun. You see, in my world a gentleman simply doesn’t batter in one’s partner’s scone with a bottle, nor even raise it in her presence for any other reason than to admire her beauty. And this is regardless of whatever provacations said gentleman my feel.

HG[/quote]

Hey, I am not defending this alleged murderer any more than I am defending terrorists who killed soldiers. I just his action was a crime of passion, not a demonstration of cowardice.[/quote]

Chill, dude, it was all tongue in cheek. I actually agree wholeheartedly.

HG

Bugger that! I already have a buyer for his spleen!

Geez, I was just made aware of this. I knew Carl and am shocked to say the least. Apparently, he’s looking at 40 years if the wife’s family have their way, but may be out in 10-15 if he’s extremely lucky. Truly a messy situation.
I suppose he can brush up on his ‘Thriller’ choreography…Sorry, couldnt help it.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]Taiwanderer, the point in which we can judge who lives and dies is the point in which one can justify violent crime. Actually, I would bet that thinking one has the right to judge who has the right to live and to die is the precise kind of thought process that leads to some murders.
I agree that the man who attacked my sister was pretty sick. And I will admit that there were times that the idea of having horrible things done to him in prison gave me solace. But his punishment was left to the hands of the justice system and we were lucky that this was one of the rare instances that a rapist is found guilty. I’m sure I might think differently had he escaped punishment. But I doubt that, given clarity of thought, I would ever think that we had the right to take his life.[/quote]

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Either poor news reporting in this article, or the security guard is thoroughly incompetent (or worse).

[quote]The couple reportedly went out of the resort about 11 p.m. Thursday. Foster went back alone inside their room, furious and locked the door.

Later, the victim arrived and tried to call Foster to open the door. Foster reportedly ignored her prompting the victim to seek the help of a security guard for her to enter the room.

As soon as she entered, Foster allegedly hit her several times in the head with a glass bottle. The victim begged him to stop beating her but her cry fell on deaf ears.

The suspect also strangulated his wife before he left the resort about 1:30 a.m. [/quote]
manilatimes.net/national/200 … 7pro3.html

The guard opens the door for her.
The husband immediately begins hitting her on the head with a bottle.
She begs for help, but neither the security guard nor anyone else responds.
He leaves 2.5 hours later and still no one has investigated.

Strange. Even if the writing is inaccurate and he didn’t hit her immediately, I would think someone should have heard the beating, screaming, strangulation and mentioned it to the staff.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]You see, in my world a gentleman simply doesn’t batter in one’s partner’s scone with a bottle, nor even raise it in her presence for any other reason than to admire her beauty. And this is regardless of whatever provacations said gentleman my feel.

HG[/quote]

Wonder did a guy, who does sort of thing to his wife, speak such things in a time before he did this sort of thing

How people react or what they do in situations can be very different from what they say they would and would not do