British Passports

Get one, and btw British bacon is the best :+1:
It is the.passport of Great Britain.AND northern Ireland. A,great one to have. (Although if getting hijacked on.a plane by jihadist nut jobs then having a British passport might not work out well for you). You could always get married to a posh British Chinese lady they can be wonderfully spoiled but highly attractive and get you a British passport in 3 years. :wink:

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Andrew likes this post

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@_Lilith any thoughts?

British passport now way less useful than an Italian one, so go with that.

Yup

OIC

I was told by an immigration consultant that if I apply for ROC citizenship I would need to renounce all my other passports. Is this true?

I’m not the right person to ask as I’m from Taiwan.

But I think so.

What is the name of the French company?

In most cases, but not all. Countries such as Morocco don’t allow citizens to renounce citizenship, so the ROC makes an exception.

@tando should know. Might be something different for HK residents as they/you are part of the greater co-prosperity sphere of the R.O.C.

are you a HKer? Iiuc, people from HK don’t do naturalization to get a Taiwanese passport/citizenship, so don’t need to renounce any nationality.

Foreigners should renounce their original nationality. They might keep other nationality if they have multiple nationalities and could hide it from authorities, but you may be supposed to renounce all foreign nationalities.

Good to know. Thanks!

I didn’t bother renewing mine when it expired last time. Super expensive and not much use to me anymore. Kiwi :kiwi_fruit: passport is welcome everywhere.

1 Like

Only the one that they are aware of, i.e. the one you entered Taiwan on

Thanks!

Results may vary if you are on one of those new @BiggusDickus passports

:sweat_smile: (it isnt actually funny though, it sucks)

It won’t let me like this twice.

British passports are so expensive and Taiwanese complain about the cost of their passports.