Broken record

Every day, we have protesters by the gates. My favorite was an elderly guy who came by every day and like the Old testament Israelites surrounding Jericho, would play his “Mei hua, mei hua…” while driving around 7 times… It was my cue to have my mid-morning cup of coffee.

Dunno if its the same guy or what -don’t think so- but recently there was what sounded like a huge group of people outside. In the cold. In the pouring rain. I was worried, picturing all these ah-mas and ah-peis shivering in the cold. Lo and behold, the day I was late I discovered the noise was coming from the confort of a blue truck. Great speakers, I though.

Today, I was in the littl ladies room, when it was his time to drive by. Our lovely bathroom has no windows, only heavy iron bars, which implies the wind comes in fast and furious. Noise, too. As if you were standing on the sidewalk. Well, you know how when people go on and on about the same topic, they say they sound like a broken record?

Well, today the record was really broken, going back to the same point over and over and over… :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Perhaps you should give them what they want.

You sure they’re not selling screen windows or rice-blood-sausages?

I didn’t know rice bled, but I say, “Let them eat cake!”

I used to have a good view of “backpack guy,” an older, scraggly looking man. He’d walk briskly along the sidewalk every day and yell various incoherent curses. Thank goodness he never got a megaphone or a speaker truck.

What ever happened to that guy who would always be in the background of TV reports protesting something or other? I seem to remember he was pretty tall and well off.

You guys are ALL confused about those blue trucks and recorded messages.

There is a large, government funded, project to teach ducks to speak Chinese. The first problem they encountered is the ducks had no real incentive to bother with it but some investigators discovered that ducks LOVE to talk over a megaphone.

So, now they’ve got the ducks doing their best by driving them around and letting them quack into a microphone and hear themselves played on a speaker. Unfortunately, the second phase of the program is not going so well–the ducks cannot say anything in Chinese as yet. They just keep quacking while this second problem is worked on.

Unfortunately, all the rest of us are now forced to listen to ducks quacking on loud speakers. Besides all that, nobody is willing to tell us why they want ducks to speak Chinese.

It must be a secret military project.

There’s a man under a farmer’s hat who comes down the lane, every day twice, on a tricycle-truck.

He yells: ‘IKEA, quack, quack, quack’, in a monotonous down-tone.
‘IKEE - AH, quack’.
‘IKEEA, quack, quack’.
‘IKEA! quack, quack, quack’.
‘IKEA’.

I’m willing to learn the lingo, but even the Taiwanese I asked have no idea what he’s saying.

He takes anything recyclable, though.

The ‘dog man’ is the guy who used to hold up all those signs. He spent a few years in the joint but he’s out now, probably looking after his property investments as usual.
Then there was the guy who used to drive around with the Chinese flag , anthem blaring and his 90s year old mother riding shotgun.

[quote=“Joschka”]You guys are ALL confused about those blue trucks and recorded messages.

There is a large, government funded, project to teach ducks to speak Chinese. The first problem they encountered is the ducks had no real incentive to bother with it but some investigators discovered that ducks LOVE to talk over a megaphone.

So, now they’ve got the ducks doing their best by driving them around and letting them quack into a microphone and hear themselves played on a speaker. Unfortunately, the second phase of the program is not going so well–the ducks cannot say anything in Chinese as yet. They just keep quacking while this second problem is worked on.

Unfortunately, all the rest of us are now forced to listen to ducks quacking on loud speakers. Besides all that, nobody is willing to tell us why they want ducks to speak Chinese.

It must be a secret military project.[/quote]

:roflmao: I nominate this for classic post status :bravo:

Is this a missing line from Stairway to Heaven? It’s cool.

Is this a missing line from Stairway to Heaven? It’s cool.[/quote]
:roflmao: I nominate this for classic post status :bravo:

Is this a missing line from Stairway to Heaven? It’s cool.[/quote]
:roflmao: I nominate this for classic post status :bravo:[/quote]
Agreed :bravo: