Budget Haircut Chains and Tipping

OK, now I’m picturing you like this.

2 Likes

Why?

A) I have better things to do with my time. I don’t even want the wash. B) even if I didn’t I wouldn’t want some random person pressing on my head and neck and shit

I have been paying > 300 in Songshan at some place since I got here. The haircuts have always been a little wonky, sometimes one side not the same length as the other!

Would someone recommend one of these budget places in the Songshan area?

These 100NT places are always a roll of the dice. But if you have a easy cut or just looking for a trim CQ2 it is fairly painless.

1 Like

I was happy with the NT$300 cut at the DBHOUSE in CITYLINK Songshan Station Store
https://goo.gl/maps/SYE473Ud5ZcsUzNW6.

Not so happy with the DBHOUSE cut at Breeze Nanjing.

Really depends on who is doing the cutting.

Indeed.

I also tried the DBHOUSE in Zhonhe but wasn’t very happy with the result.

I’m not too fussy, just a short back and sides, and tapered to the top, which isn’t that hard to explain in Mandarin.

Problem is there is this horrific haircut with locals which is in fashion at the moment which is super short at the bottom back and sides, then fades quickly into a bowl. It looks disgraceful. I saw a guy approaching me the other day and I truly believed he was wearing a black helmet on his head until he was a metre or two away.

I half ended up with one of these Paul McCartney helmet head cuts last time, ergh.

They are trying to do the trendy fade but are talented enough to actually cut it well.

1 Like