Buffalo wings in Taiwan (Taoyuan)

I certainly thought they were more in the red pepper style. NOT very spicy to my palate - no shame, because not much is - but more buffalo than barbecue flavor to me.

The part of the chicken confuses me to an extent that perhaps I’d best not think about it. Like just the “one-bone” wing pieces (rather than the two-bone pieces), but more meat than is, er, normal.

Six of them plus a pint for $230 on Tuesdays - definitely worth a try. I believe they’re the only North American wings I’ve had in Taiwan that I’d bother to order again, but I’ll repeat the caveat that I hadn’t had wings for over two and a half years - and perhaps haven’t bothered with wings in Taiwan in a decade. (As I suggested above, I think that itch is far better scratched with Korean fried chicken here.)

You can see photos over at their Google Maps link.

EDIT: Also this thread, last updated in 2016, so I’m not sure how many of the places described are still around!

And this article introduces a few places I don’t know. I always wonder what pieces like this use for their sources. “Chicken wings in Taipei are one of the tastiest eats in the city”?!

1 Like