Burger King is back!

Burger King’s last Taichung enterprise was beneath the Da Mai Jia~ and closed, long long ago. That was a sad day as I love Burger King much more than Maccas.

Well, the good news is that a new BK has opened!

It’s on the main road outside of Feng Jia Night Market (the main street strip there) just a little further up (heading in the direction AWAY from He Nan Rd) on the right. It’s not a huge sign, so keep your eyes open - but it’s there.

Sis-in-law also thinks they’re going to be opening one around Yi Zhong Jie~

There is a second one now opening middle of August 2009:
burgerking.dachan.com/other.htm

台中市北區三民路3段102號

North District, Sanmin Road, 3rd Section, Nr. 102

Now when will we get Wendy’s back? Wendy’s > *

Hopefully never. Who eats that crap :slight_smile:

re Wendy’s: Their chili isn’t too bad and the burgers are above Mc. I would welcome them back. Something different at least.

For me, here in Taiwan, Burger King is the best we have for that kind of thing.

Bring back Wendy’s and A&W! :laughing:

If you only knew how they made their chili… I used to work at Wendy’s back in high school and having to deal with “chili meat” was the grossest aspect of the job. Basically any patty that had been on the grill for too long and looked like a piece of shoeleather was binned, frozen, boiled up a week later, and then cooked into chili. Just the thought of dumping the huge vat of water that those week-old smelly patties had been boiling in is enough to make me gag.

But even after working there, I still prefer their burgers over McD’s or BK’s.

If you only knew how they made their chili… I used to work at Wendy’s back in high school and having to deal with “chili meat” was the grossest aspect of the job. Basically any patty that had been on the grill for too long and looked like a piece of shoeleather was binned, frozen, boiled up a week later, and then cooked into chili. Just the thought of dumping the huge vat of water that those week-old smelly patties had been boiling in is enough to make me gag.[/quote]

:laughing: