Burning of the Wang Yeh Boats

Thanks, but as I posted before … experience and luck …[/quote]

And a kick-ass camera. Oh how I wish I had manual focus…

Haven’t had a chance to look at it yet.

Video from the Wang Yeh boat burning … part I

s143.photobucket.com/albums/r130 … gpart1.flv

Part II of the Wang Yeh boat burning …

s143.photobucket.com/albums/r130 … gpart2.flv

Part III, final of the Wang Yeh boat burning …

s143.photobucket.com/albums/r130 … gpart3.flv

Hey gang, just one more year till the next boat burning. Be sure to keep your social calendar as free free free as Chen Shui-bian is not.

There was a boat-burning in Liouying, Tainan County, the night before last. Apparently it peaked around 2am. There were pole dancers and live chickens hurled into the flames, I’m told.

And I missed all the fun…

Damn, I missed it too though the chicken thing sounds pretty ghastly.

I’m told most of the chickens jumped out of the flames just as soon as they thrown in (well, wouldn’t you?). Still, got to be painful and stressful for them…

If you’re really into the whole Wang Yeh thing, there’s a museum in Tainan County:
swcoast-nsa.gov.tw/en/02_tou … spx?sn=157

I was shown around it a couple of years ago. Not very interesting.

I finally edited together my video footage of the 2006 festival. I have a 19 minute version that I’ll upload someday after compressing it appropriately, but for now here’s the short version…

youtube.com/watch?v=QCbAqEeqoS0

Chris, that is really damn good! You’ve just inspired me to write to LP to see if they will send me a proper video camera for next time to record for the website (they do this). The boat burning next year coincides with my research. Perfect timing.

But again, great work. My only suggestion would be to fade out with the black smoke. The last scene doesn’t really work imho.

Oj, if people are going to watch, make sure they watch in high quality.

Last comment: if you are interested in doing this sort of thing I have about an hour of video from a Matsu Pilgrimage.

It’s really nice for someone like me (missing the 'wan) to see stuff like that, C. Thanks for posting it.

I thought of that, but I wanted something that kind of said “The party’s over, we can go home now.”

Plus, we get to see you walking off with two babes.

Thanks. Glad you liked it, B.

I thought of that, but I wanted something that kind of said “The party’s over, we can go home now.”

Plus, we get to see you walking off with two babes.[/quote]\

I thought that’s what you wanted but it didn’t quite work for me. Maybe a fade out.

Plus, we get to see you walking off with two babes.[/quote]\

I thought that’s what you wanted but it didn’t quite work for me. Maybe a fade out.[/quote]

Yeah, and/or a slowdown of the video, followed by a THE END title.

Yep. It was just too abrupt though it was obvious you were winding down. Otherwise, nice transitions.

So are you keen to go again next year? I swore I never would after that all nighter but well, time healeth all sore feet memories.

I’d love to go again…provided I have a folding chair. A step ladder would be nice, too!

I’d love to go again…provided I have a folding chair. A step ladder would be nice, too![/quote]

Yep, a folding chair, lots of food and water, and maybe some Depends.

Great stuff Chris.

I’d love to go again…provided I have a folding chair. A step ladder would be nice, too![/quote]

Yep, a folding chair, lots of food and water, and maybe some Depends.[/quote]
Oh, and some marshmallows and a looooooong stick!