Bush and Honesty

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8561443/

[quote][T]he latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that Bush

So how’re those Halliburton investigations coming along MFGR? Hmmm? haha Got any proof? How about the scandal that our troops are not receiving the needed equipment? OR did you ever find something to suggest that the explosives were looted after the US government took over that weapons site? April 9? Remember? Oh dear. So many accusations and so little proof. PROOF, it’s what’s for breakfast and sadly lacking at this meal. (IS that an okay MFGRism?)

Halliburton seems to be doing pretty well.
Halliburton Fails Upward

See Richardm’s post. Looks like Halliburton is continuing its banditry.

Go see the appropriate thread for further information.

Go see the appropriate thread for further information. It’s all there.

Welcome to the shark tank, my chum.

Gosh all that from the Nation of all places? Who would have expected that? Now, where is the proof that any of this is true? why aren’t formal charges being levied? Some of these meals that were never served and the prices charged have already been explained. When you cancel a reservation at a hotel, you still are obligated to pay up to 100 percent of the cost depending on when you do so. In many cases, xxx number of meals were served regardless of how many people showed up because the army did not know how many would be there and could not afford to not feed anyone. That’s the nature of the business. Not very cost-effective but that is how things are doing war. That said, I am all for making sure that such inefficient use of resources is limited as much as possible.

Bush’s latest poll figures must have you pretty scared if you’re avoiding the thread topic this intensely.

Why? Is Bush going to run for election again? :unamused:

Why? Is Bush going to run for election again? :unamused:[/quote]

No but with a bit of luck he’ll make the Nazi Party so unattractive, sensible people will get in next time round.

BroonAntiBush

The Bush administration legacy will be an interesting one – the popularity and reputation for truthfulness of a Nixon, the integrity in government contracts of a Boss Tweed.

His tolerance of Karl Rove’s efforts to undermine our CIA operatives brings to mind the smarmy charm of Karl Cherkashin, Aldrich Ames’ KGB handler.

Why? Is Bush going to run for election again? :unamused:[/quote]

No but with a bit of luck he’ll make the Nazi Party so unattractive, sensible people will get in next time round.

BroonAntiBush[/quote]

Good gravy! I’m afraid you’ll be the first one up against the wall when he declares martial law to stay in power.

Mofanguished

The puppet bush, who sits back swilling whiskey as his cannon fodder die in an unwinnable war doesn’t give two hoots what the polls say.

The next attack on american soil will have his ratings up, and he’ll be rubbing his hands with glee.

That doesn’t sound like the kind of advice that could much help Mr. Bush at this point.

He might increase his “honesty and straightforwardness” points in the polls, but there might be a temporary drop in other polls.

If he started telling the truth all the time (thinking of the Jim Carrey movie “Liar Liar” here or the addled truthtelling senator in “Bullworth”), I might almost start to like him.

i think you guys are wrong about Bush…

i (along with many folks a hell-of-a-lot smarter than me) honestly think he isn’t included in many of the decision making sessions in the white house.

that way when the shit goes down, he can continue to look like a clueless idiot and muddy up any investigations. plausible deniability.

does anyone really think he has the intellectual capacity to handle the serious issues that face the office?

Rove & his select group of cronies are behind all this crap, with a little help from Uncle Dick.