Bush Ratings At All-Time Low: too bad

Hear me now, believe me later. Maybe this needs to be a permanent sticky thread, at least until we impeach this loser and put his regime of war criminals in jail, preferably in Guantanamo, or better yet, rendered abroad for interrogation… A shameful all time low for this once proud nation.

NEW YORK, Feb. 27, 2006(CBS) The latest CBS News poll finds President [color=blue]Bush’s approval rating has fallen to an all-time low of 34 percen[/color]t, while pessimism about the Iraq war has risen to a new high.

The troubling results for the Bush administration come amid reminders about the devastating impact of Hurricane Katrina and negative assessments of how the government and the president have handled it for six months.

Mr. Bush’s overall job rating has fallen to 34 percent, down from 42 percent last month. Fifty-nine percent disapprove of the job the president is doing. For the first time in this poll, most Americans say the president does not care much about people like themselves. Fifty-one percent now think he doesn’t care, compared to 47 percent last fall.

[color=blue]Just 30 percent approve of how Mr. Bush is handling the Iraq war, another all-time low.[/color]

By two to one, the poll finds Americans think U.S. efforts to bring stability to Iraq are going badly

Americans, on the whole, seem to be slow learners. It’s taken them THIS long to figure out the guy’s a total loser? :loco:

Don’t impeach him – farm him! :smiling_imp:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Americans, on the whole, seem to be slow learners. It’s taken them THIS long to figure out the guy’s a total loser? :loco:

Don’t impeach him – farm him! :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Stop with that, just stop.

It may be seem incredible to you, but there are more issues in America that matter to people and influence their political opinions than just the Iraq war. A certain percentage of Americans would vote for Bush no matter what he did just because being pro-life is that important to them that they would vote for anyone who was against abortion rather than vote for a Democrat. There are people for whom “I am a Republican” is a core part of their identity, they’ll defend anything Republicans do rather than go through a cognitive restructuring. There are people who believe that Democrats are bad for the economy, people who can’t get over their hatred of Clinton or Carter long enough to admit the Democratic party ever does anytthing right, people who have an attachment to various fringe beliefs, people who believe that voting for anyone other than a Republican will lead to “the feminization of America”, etc. We’ve got people who don’t believe in the separation of church and state, we’ve got people who are anti-welfare, we’ve got people whose primary concern is the way the ruling party will handle health care or farm subsidies or tax breaks or their right to own and run an adult business. We’ve got people who care more about their right to own a gun than anything else in the world. We’ve got people who believe Democrats are soft on crime. You name it, America’s got it. There are a lot of issues, both national and local, that people care about more than the Iraq war.

Don’t take this as me saying that only Republicans are looney. A quick look at any liberal forum on the internet will prove otherwise. No matter what your political stance, you’ve got loonies in your corner.

Absolutely. But the loonies in the other corner sure would make good fertilizer… :wink:

From the latest Pew poll

[quote]President Bush’s declining image also is reflected in the single-word descriptions people use to describe their impression of the president. Three years ago, positive one-word descriptions of Bush far outnumbered negative ones. Over the past two years, the positive-negative balance has been roughly equal. But the one-word characterizations have turned decidedly negative since last July.

Currently, 48% use a negative word to describe Bush compared with just 28% who use a positive term, and 10% who use neutral language.

The changing impressions of the president can best be viewed by tracking over time how often words come up in these top-of-the-mind associations. Until now, the most frequently offered word to describe the president was “honest,” but this comes up far less often today than in the past. Other positive traits such as “integrity” are also cited less, and virtually no respondent used superlatives such as “excellent” or “great”

I’ve known that for years.

Americans are finally waking up.

I’ve known that for years.

Americans are finally waking up.[/quote]

What’s the margin of error for that poll? + or - 4%?

:smiley:

I still think this needs to be a permanent sticky thread. The loser still hasn’t hit bottom. How low can he go?

THE OBSERVER , WASHINGTON
Monday, Apr 24, 2006

US President George W. Bush’s second term is facing its biggest crisis as new polls show a continuing collapse in support and White House insiders expect more staff resignations over the next few days and weeks.

Rumors are swirling around Washington, focusing on some of the most senior members of Bush’s team from Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld to White House counsel Harriet Miers.

At the same time, polls show that Bush’s popularity has sunk to an all-time low, leaving Republican operatives panicking about the vital mid-term congressional elections in November. A Fox News poll released last week showed Bush’s approval rating at 33 percent, while a new Pew Poll had him at 35 percent.

My mom was telling me the other day how um, quiet, all of her Republican friends have been lately, especially as they see their friends, husbands, sons, daughters, go off to Iraq and not come back alive, and if they do come back alive, oops–they are called to go back again. Slow learners indeed.

No one likes war. Despite what some may say of others.

[quote=“trebuchet”][quote=“Dragonbones”]Americans, on the whole, seem to be slow learners. It’s taken them THIS long to figure out the guy’s a total loser? :loco:

Don’t impeach him – farm him! :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Stop with that, just stop.

It may be seem incredible to you, but there are more issues in America that matter to people and influence their political opinions than just the Iraq war. A certain percentage of Americans would vote for Bush no matter what he did just because being pro-life is that important to them that they would vote for anyone who was against abortion rather than vote for a Democrat. There are people for whom “I am a Republican” is a core part of their identity, they’ll defend anything Republicans do rather than go through a cognitive restructuring. There are people who believe that Democrats are bad for the economy, people who can’t get over their hatred of Clinton or Carter long enough to admit the Democratic party ever does anytthing right, people who have an attachment to various fringe beliefs, people who believe that voting for anyone other than a Republican will lead to “the feminization of America”, etc. We’ve got people who don’t believe in the separation of church and state, we’ve got people who are anti-welfare, we’ve got people whose primary concern is the way the ruling party will handle health care or farm subsidies or tax breaks or their right to own and run an adult business. We’ve got people who care more about their right to own a gun than anything else in the world. We’ve got people who believe Democrats are soft on crime. You name it, America’s got it. There are a lot of issues, both national and local, that people care about more than the Iraq war.

Don’t take this as me saying that only Republicans are looney. A quick look at any liberal forum on the internet will prove otherwise. No matter what your political stance, you’ve got loonies in your corner.[/quote]

It’s entirely possible to be pro-life, believe Democratic policies are bad for the economy and national security and promote gender division rather than healing, stand behind the Second Amendment and not be “slow” to the point of willful intellectual and moral dishonesty.

[quote=“trebuchet”]
It may be seem incredible to you, but there are more issues in America that matter to people and influence their political opinions than just the Iraq war. [/quote]

Yep, like figuring out who’s gonna be voted off of American Idol.

Why impeach him? He hasn’t had sexual relations with anyone. Unless you count Condi :s

From a quick, totally non-scientific Google search:

63% of Americans think the Bible is literally true.
60% of Americans believe life exists on other planets.
48% of Americans believe in ghosts.
34% of Americans believe that George W. Bush is doing a good job as president.

news.yahoo.com/fc/us/immigration

This is one of those few time where I agree with Bush on being sensible. As sensitive a topic immigration is, he is right that there should be a balance being the welcooming immigrant nation that the U.S. has been and ought to be, and being a nation of laws with secure borders. I’m eager to see how this plays out.

According to CNN, the numbers are even worse for Bush:

[quote]In the telephone poll of 1,012 adult Americans carried out Friday through Sunday by Opinion Research Corporation for CNN, 32 percent of respondents said they approve of Bush’s performance, 60 percent said they disapprove and 8 percent said they do not know.

Asked whether “honest and trustworthy” describes the president, 40 percent said yes, down from 56 percent in a survey carried out April 1-2 last year.[/quote]

Considering how much the pro-war faction on these threads liked to crow about Bush’s fake-o “mandate”, hope they don’t mind eating some. The problem is that the Bush folks were playing a “sucker born every minute” game with the American people, not realizing that they’d eventually hit a brick wall.

Brick wall? Not yet.

There is plenty of time to fark up the world even more until the 2006 mid-terms. And I don’t even think impeachment hearings are going to stop this man with a mission from God.

[quote]“I hear the voices.”

• President Chuckle-nuts[/quote]

In other words, polls – or dissent – means nothing to this sociopath.

Now, there is a nice statement filled with MFGRisms. That is more like it! But, er, the unfortunate fact is that Bush will not be running for reelection and we have until Jan 2009 which by my calculation is another almost three years… haha

Anyway, point taken and I will be losing some sleep over the midterm elections but only a bit. I am very displeased with the Republicans spending and if they get that under control, they have my full support but when the Republicans are spending like Democrats then to me at least domestically, whats the difference?

[quote=“fred smith”] I am very displeased with the Republicans spending and [color=black]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[/color] when the Republicans are spending like Democrats then to me at least domestically, whats the difference?[/quote] Well, we agree on that much, Fred. I don’t see a difference either.

Well, if this coming election is about “values”, perhaps Bush will be put out to pasture a bit faster. If Clinton’s penis is worthy of an impeachment, the Bush is going to be rich pickin’s indeed.