Bush: The President Who Dislikes People From Certain States

[quote]I’d guess it has something to do with your lack of elementary analytical ability and morality[/quote].

Squid,

You’re another sad Republican poster who has deluded himself into thinking that you are a great intellectual who knocks down any opponent in a debate. (Just goes to show how truly deranged you really are). :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, Squid, I have no doubt that you are living in your own fantasy world in which people are being “nuked,” “shot,” “firebombed,” or just generally destroyed so that you can then take over the world. :laughing: :laughing:

Nice try to shift the attention away from your inability to answer our questions or defend your arguments Cable Guy but back to the point:

What do you like about Teddy Kennedy and his policies? I am still waiting. Surely for such a great man and icon to people like you, etc. you can quickly come up with one policy that he has implemented that you really admire and can rattle it right off here and now. Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

As to your comments regarding debating style or lack thereof, I will let the other posters on this forum come to their own conclusions. Back to you and this time, try to answer the questions.

This might be a little off topic simply because it is almost on topic, but I remember a campaign speech from George H. W. Bush saying that we should not vote for Clinton because education in Arkansas was rated so low. He said we should not vote for someone from the “lowest of the low”. I expected people from Arkansas to get upset, but nothing, no uproar. I guess they were too stupid to get the fact that they had just been insulted.
I think most people realize that Bush Jr. was just making a joke about Mass. and the Kennedys.
I also remember President Ford campaigning against Carter. He didn’t say flip-flop, but he said that he “waffles”. Carter was a waffler. If only Ford would have said flip-flop, he might have won.

Richardm:

I think that people in the South are used to being insulted by the so-called “intellectuals” in the North and California. They just brush it off as the bad manners that it is.

Also, Clinton was portrayed as a “waffle” by Doonesbury for his frequent policy shifts. Is this a Democrat tendency?

Finally, given that the South will make or break who becomes president in the next election, it would perhaps behoove the rest of America to treat it and its voters with a bit more respect, no?

Long live Dixie!!!

Ah, at last we finally seem to be answering the question posed in the thread topic. It seems that Republicans hate certain states the same sort of way that ignorant folks from, say 120 years ago, used to. Think back to that old Hoosier biddy in “Outlaw Josey Wales” who hated Jayhawkers and Missourians. I suppose if you’ve never even left Georgia or Mississippi, you might think it actually matters whether or not the “stars and bars” is preserved in the state flag. Not all Republicans hate particular states but quite a few do, reviling the “East Coast elite” they’ve never met and of which they have only have a vague “heard-it-on-Rush’s-show” sense.

Hate Massachusetts? Hate blacks? Hate the poor? Hate gays? Hate “East Coast elites”? Hate Hollywood? When you come down to it, hating things is what the GOP is all about.

MFGR:

What are you talking about? Who the hell knows? I have given up trying to figure it out.

Chalk me up for having met the East Coast “elites” and for not entirely respecting their views on the rest of Ameria. Ditto for Hollywood celebrities though I have not met so many of those. People like Kristen Gore stand out as towering examples of the mindless manipulation (wear earth colors) or (swivel your hips) that comes from too many Harvard courses on “gender” issues.

Yup. You can put me down as finding Barbra Streisand and Sean Penn’s political views laughable. Ditto for Michael Moore, but then I nor the Republicans are the ones inviting these people to the White House to give briefings on national policy. That was something that Clinton favored. Can you believe it?

But truth be told, this election looks set to be decided in the Midwest and South and I think that should worry those liberal elites who term this region “flyover country.”

That’s an incredibly stupid statement… even coming from you… :unamused:

Uh huh. :loco: Care to look out your window? What has been the last nine months from the mouths of Kennedy, Dean, Gore, Whoppi, Edwards, Jackson, Sharpton, 60 Minutes, CBS News, New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, Carville, LA Times, Afleck, Devine, McAuliffe, Kerry, Kelley, Clarke, Moore, Daschle, Woodward … These are just off the top of my head. Tons more who have said some of the most hateful, conspiracy-laiden, kook-fringe stuff.

Dude, talk about lopsided world view. The whole DNC campaign this time around is about “vote for Kerry because you hate Bush”. If using pure liquid hate to win an election works, then it will be the first time.

At least Bush is brushing off the past, looking to the future and coming out and saying that Kerry’s service was more honorable than his.

Yea, there is a lot I “hate” about the left, but for every one thing I have to not vote for Kerry about, I have a dozen more for why I should vote FOR Bush. Very few Kerry “supporters” can say the same about Kerry. It is all about HATE BUSH and very little about why Kerry should be president. I have yet to find anyone get that twinkle in their eye when they talk about Kerry.

So, please … Get a reality check.

Oh, I forgot the best kook out there: Dean. He’s the guy that would have put the twinkle in liberals’ eyes. That guy is passonate when he talks about Bush knowing that 911 was going to happen but didn’t stop it for political gain. Dude! This WAS your man! This is the kook-type of stuff that would have energized your base to for FOR someone.

Bush planned 911! YES! Bush knew! YES! Bush is part of the tilateral commission! YES! Bush is a manic depressive! YES! He is still an alcoholic with suicidal tendencies! YES! He steals candy from babies! YES! YES! YES!

[insert orgasm here]

Actually, Dems have fired almost every conspiracy theory possible. They’ve equated him to Hitler and Saddam. Is there anything else left now for them to accuse him of? Are they now firing blanks? I think not! There are still a few options:

1. Bush’s favorite number is 666.
  2. Bush has been abducted by aliens and had a brain replacement.
  3. Bush’s favorite pastime is sleeping with farm animals.
  4. Bush is a lesbian trapped inside a man’s body.
  5. Bush has a vacation home in Cuba.
  6. Bush used Botox on his penis.
  7. Laura sold drugs … Oh, wait, that’s in the Kelley book. Whoops!
  8. Bush’s original middle name is Beelzebub.
  9. Bush fathered children from a Black slave in the White House.

and … drum roll please …

1. Bush prays for his nation.

pinesay

Ever since Bush took up residence in the White House, many people have been praying for America.

[quote=“mofangongren”]
Hate Massachusetts? Hate blacks? Hate the poor? Hate gays? Hate “East Coast elites”? Hate Hollywood? When you come down to it, hating things is what the GOP is all about.[/quote]

hate texas? hate baby killing soldiers? hate the rich? hate christians? hate rednecks? hate the bible belt? when you come down to it, hating things is what the democratic party is all about…

Look the swing states… right smack there among the bible belters. Hate Texas? We love the place! Hate Christians? Well, many of us are Christians – maybe not the in-your-face, telling you you’re going to hell tomorrow sort of Christians, but we’re quiet, friendly and nice Christians. Rednecks? Plenty of them in my family – we like them so long as they’re not hate-filled Republicans.

When you come down to it, the Democratic party is a “big tent” party precisely because they are accepting and not filled with hate. The biggest exodus happened when the Dixiecrats jumped ship during that transition … and they all went over to be hate-filled Republicans.

Strange how the party of Lincoln became the partei of George Lincoln Rockwell so quickly.

Whose policies have done most to impoverish and marginalize Blacks? I would say the Democrats. Why keep supporting the teachers unions and federal and state government employees over what 2/3rds of Black parents claim to want: vouchers or are you saying the Democrat party knows what’s “best” for Black citizens?

Just curious. Sounding awfully racist again MFGR. What is it that you have against other ethnic groups anyway? :smiling_imp:

[quote=“fred smith”]Whose policies have done most to impoverish and marginalize Blacks? I would say the Democrats. Why keep supporting the teachers unions and federal and state government employees over what 2/3rds of Black parents claim to want: vouchers or are you saying the Democrat party knows what’s “best” for Black citizens?

Just curious. Sounding awfully racist again MFGR. What is it that you have against other ethnic groups anyway? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Dont’ get your shorts torqued. MFGR is just spewing more stereotypes. The wall is coming down in this election, and it is a joy to see. There is competition in the media. The 40-year monopoly over the law-making bodies and news media by the left is shattering before their very eyes (thanks much in part to the Internet). You know you are winning when all they can do is spew the same old same old. They are caught with their pants down. Alas, it is like that with long-standing monopolies. They forget how to compete for the hearts and minds of customers. They can only resort to desperate moves, which ultimately is to insult their customers and constituents … which only hastens the collapse. The CBS alleged forged memo is a perfect example. Fred, what you are seeing is truly panic. The tide is turning, and there’s nothing that can stop it. The left has reinforced conservatism as some sort of freak show, and Hollywood has constantly lampooned Christians. Now, there is the “New Media” which is what Internet gurus claimed would be greater diversity in news and opinion. It is coming upon us, and who are the ones now scared of “diversity”: The very liberal outlets who have their monoploy challenged. Ironic that the supposed upholders of “diversity” are now only interested in their “own” kind of “diversity”. Don’t worry about about the MFGR’s of the world. They will learn to adapt.

[quote=“pinesay”][quote=“fred smith”]Whose policies have done most to impoverish and marginalize Blacks? I would say the Democrats. Why keep supporting the teachers unions and federal and state government employees over what 2/3rds of Black parents claim to want: vouchers or are you saying the Democrat party knows what’s “best” for Black citizens?

Just curious. Sounding awfully racist again MFGR. What is it that you have against other ethnic groups anyway? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Dont’ get your shorts torqued. MFGR is just spewing more stereotypes. The wall is coming down in this election, and it is a joy to see. There is competition in the media. The 40-year monopoly over the law-making bodies and news media by the left is shattering before their very eyes (thanks much in part to the Internet). You know you are winning when all they can do is spew the same old same old. They are caught with their pants down. Alas, it is like that with long-standing monopolies.[/quote]
Brendan Miniter has a column on this topic in today’s OpinionJournal from the WSJ.

opinionjournal.com/columnist … =110005621

[quote=“Brendan Miniter, WSJ”]
D Is for Descendancy
The Democrats are no longer the majority party. Is this the year they’ll finally admit it?

The Democratic Party is in descendancy. It’s not just that John Kerry’s campaign is sinking like a stone, or that George W. Bush is turning out to be a resilient politician. The Democratic leadership is in electoral denial, failing to grasp a profound shift among American voters and therefore on the cusp not of winning back control of one of the branches of government, but of handing control over to Republicans for a generation or more. [/quote]

fred smith[quote]Nice try to shift the attention away from your inability to answer our questions or defend your arguments Cable Guy but back to the point:

What do you like about Teddy Kennedy and his policies? I am still waiting. Surely for such a great man and icon to people like you, etc. you can quickly come up with one policy that he has implemented that you really admire and can rattle it right off here and now. Tick tock tick tock tick tock.[/quote]

fred, where did I say Kennedy was my icon? Again you use your favorite tactic of attributing statements to others which were never made.

However, I do give Kennedy credit for voting to increase education spending by a quarter of a billion dollars, and voting to decrease the number of students in one class.

[quote=“MaPoSquid”][quote=“Brendan Miniter, WSJ”]
D Is for Descendancy
The Democrats are no longer the majority party. Is this the year they’ll finally admit it?

The Democratic Party is in descendancy. It’s not just that John Kerry’s campaign is sinking like a stone, or that George W. Bush is turning out to be a resilient politician. The Democratic leadership is in electoral denial, failing to grasp a profound shift among American voters and therefore on the cusp not of winning back control of one of the branches of government, but of handing control over to Republicans for a generation or more. [/quote][/quote]

Well, the movement has been taking place much longer, of course, than 911 or even the Interent. It goes a couple of decades back.

What is really the big issue is Republicans redrawing congresssional district lines to possibly locking out Democrats for up to 25 years. Most Americans don’t think of the technical stuff behind the scenes. A lot of seats were virtual impossible for Repulcians to get because of the way district lines were drawn under the Democrat majority. Now this same thing is threatening to lock Dems out for a while too.

There is more to the panic than meets the eye.

The part I like most of that article is that it hits the nail on the head. Democrats have painted themselves into the box where they actually hope:

1. The economy tanks.
  2. More soldiers die.
  3. Bush, our commander in chief stumbles on the world stage.

I thought Clinton was horrible for America. I worked hard in campaigns to oust him. However, ON MY HONOR, I would never ever ever want our economy to tank, more soliders to die, or Clinton on the world stage to look weak. It just doesn’t benefit me or anyone.

However, Dems truly have painted themselves into a corner. They can’t win unless those three things take place. And since, so far, those three things aren’t happening enough to affect voter opinion, they are back to the AWOL thing. What else do they have???

Skanky slutty chicks??

pinesay[quote]The part I like most of that article is that it hits the nail on the head. Democrats have painted themselves into the box where they actually hope:

1. The economy tanks.
  2. More soldiers die.
  3. Bush, our commander in chief stumbles on the world stage.[/quote]

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: