Bush to Blame for Another Failing Business in Iraq

Its all Bushs fault

Bush to Blame for Another Failing Business in Iraq

an “I blame Bush” bump

You know I always wondered if the person that runs that site has some obvious penchant for benzodiazepines, I’ve also wondered just what the significance of that is, but I just can’t come up with an obvious answer. Is he, for example, handing out his dross like little green footballs? Something you might take to aid the passage to sleep? Alternatively, are these ramblings his own personal little green football, something he does when insomnia bites?

Benzos are some dangerous little fuckers. Madness is their ultimate path, and in ways more sinister than almost any other drug legal or illegal on the planet.

[quote]Temazepam
Benzodiazepines

Temazepam street names
Rugby balls, Tems, Jellies

Brand name Normison (Wyeth), Euhypnos

Drug effect
Depressant or ‘downer’

Drug description
Yellow capsules (10-20mg): oral solution (10mg / 5ml elixir) ; Green soft gelatin capsules (2 - 20mg); White scored tablets (10mg and 20mg) ‘Gelthix’ capsules (10 - 30mg)

Therapeutic use
Insomnia [/quote]

But as for you basic premise there TC, I’d have to say the funeral sector was one of the the few areas that have benefited rather directly from lil’ Pussy’s malodorous intervention. You can see that, right? I mean surely there is no dispute on that one . . . “death is our business, and business is booming,” and all that.

So the rush to the graveyard has slowed somewhat. For how long? What about all those other businesses our free market captain Kangaroo has scuppered?

HG

Great, I’m glad the death rate is down in Iraq this month. Let’s hope it continues that way because apparently many of the millions of refuges who have fled since the US invasion, are running out of money and being forced out of the countries where they sought refuge, so they are being forced to return to deadly iraq.

[quote]U.N. Under Secretary-General for Political Affairs Lynn Pascoe says the solution to Iraq’s humanitarian crisis can come only when the political, economic and security situation in the country is resolved. He says only then can a safe return of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) to their homes be achieved.

Speaking in at the UN Friday, Pascoe said the overall number of Iraqi refugees and IDPs has risen to an estimated 4.2 million with monthly displacement rates climbing to over 60,000 people. “The humanitarian situation in Iraq continues to be alarming and provides ample evidence of the impact (that) violence in Iraq has on civilians on a daily basis,” he said.[/quote]
voanews.com/english/2007-10-19-voa56.cfm

[quote]Their money gone, Iman Faleh and her family packed their belongings for Baghdad — a journey they said was like a trip to “death row.”

The religiously mixed family — Iman is a Sunni but the others are Shiites — fled their home in a mostly Shiite part of east Baghdad in July and took refuge in Syria, joining an estimated 1.5 million other Iraqis here.

But in early fall, they became part of a growing wave of Iraqis leaving Syria for home — not because they are confident of Iraq’s future, but because they ran out of money.

Others are returning because Syria has made it more difficult to stay — most Iraqis cannot work legally in Syria and survive on savings or handouts from relatives.

“Going back to Baghdad means going to ‘death row,’” said Iman’s 27-year-old son Zaid as he hauled luggage from the family’s $1,200-a-month apartment in Damascus. “But we have no money left that could allow us to go on living here.”

. . . Back in their old home in Baghdad, Zaid said Friday that the family was trying to cope with the dangers. “When we first got here we could not sleep for the first couple of nights because of the blasts and all night long shooting, but now it had become a routine,” he said. . .

“Unlike living normally in Damascus hanging out all day long, now we have to stay indoors because its not safe to go out,” he said. . .

Bassam Meshrif, who shares a Damascus apartment with four friends, said he’s decided to go home to Iraq, too, because he’s “so fed up with all the humiliation” of life as a foreigner. . . “I know I’m putting my life in danger if I go back. But I’ve had enough and my savings are gone,”

. . . “Although we know that we cannot settle here, we can’t go back now, it’s too dangerous,” said Shatha Mohammed, a widow and mother of three who lives in Damascus . . .

We have to go back, although we don’t want to. We have no choice,” said Faleh’s daughter, Zainab, 25, whose husband was killed this year in a car bombing in Baghdad.

Holding her 3-year-old daughter in her arms, Zainab sobbed and cast her eyes skyward as the family prepared to go back to Iraq last month.

“May God protect us and all other battered Iraqis from any evil,” she sobbed.

As Zainab wept, her mother was negotiating with a taxi driver to take the family to Baghdad — an arduous 600-mile journey across the desert. The driver wanted $600, a considerable sum for most Iraqis. Eventually, Iman promised to give the driver the cash when they reached Baghdad.

“It’s so very expensive, like we’re going back to heaven. But we still have to pay $600 to go back to hell,” she said.[/quote]
iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/ … php?page=2

[quote]So the rush to the graveyard has slowed somewhat. For how long? What about all those other businesses our free market captain Kangaroo has scuppered?
HG[/quote]

A fine point. This is just a monetary lapse of reason. I’m sure the death toll will rise again soon. Especially when the upper echelons of the US military brush up on their history, realize that the shitehole they are in is not an accident, and get the fugg outta Dodgey.
That’s when the shit will really fly. Out the window.
It’s infallibly an inevitability.