Busted

So it finally happened to me.

I was teaching at my Kid Castle…my kids are graduating end of July and then I will move to the anchiban with them. Sooo close!!!

A woman came into our school, and as I left my class, she took my picture. So I knew it was over…I stayed in the class for a while, and my bosses arrived. Told them that I teach at their anchiban, and one class here in the kindergarten. I sat in my class waiting to be dragged out.

They came in, asked for my ARC. I do have an ARC, and I pay taxes, but it’s obviously not at the kindergarten. I acted dumb asking how I can teach for so long and pay taxes and it all be illegal? My boss told the woman over and over again that I had no idea, and they kept on saying ‘sorry’ to me. Then the woman told me that teaching kids under 7 is illegal. I said I had no idea…she gave me this whole interview. All I wanted to do was walk out of there…but my ARC expires in less than 2 weeks and my boss is busy helping me renew it…so I can work at the anchiban.

AAAAAAAARGH. In the end the woman said that it’s not my fault at all, that it’s my bosses fault, and that they will be fined. And unfortunately I signed a paper…it just stated that I had no idea that teaching was illegal, and that my manager gave me this job. I asked for her info, and she gave me a namecard with all her info…

but…I’m propably getting the boot right?

Why did you do that? Why? Why? Why? :loco:

What government agency is she with?

Wouldn’t surprise me. Why didn’t you just walk right out the building after they snapped your picture? I’m quite sure there wouldn’t have been a manhunt for you.

Oh well. Good luck for the next part.

hi
I was busted today…the bosses accepted full responsibility, but , as much as I wanted to boot out of there while they took my photo and my bosses showed all my working documents…I did end up signing a paper that stated that I work at the anchiban and the illegal kindergarten, but that i didnt know it was illegal.

I know everyone says refuse refuse to sign, but I really wanted to show them that I had no idea, because I do pay taxes etc…and my boss said sorry to me a hundred times.

The woman assured me that the boss will be fined…and that they will come back to check if I work there still, but other than that, I will not be deported.

SOOOOO has anyone ever signed anything and NOT been deported?

damn! that sucks.

Luck.

BLUEDOG THIS IS SNYPER: Are you off your tits?!!!
NEVER EVER EVER
sign anything no matter what kind of BS line they feed you. If you check back in similar threads, lots of foreigners were tricked into signing something after being told they wouldn’t get into any trouble… and they always do. Remember Julie?!!

yikes…

So, you were legal for the anchinban?

I think your case is different than people caught working without an ARC who sign pieces of paper. I would still hold out hope for you.

Let us all know how this goes.

Good luck. Lot’s of stray dogs need your help still.

don’t feel bad, i really doubt if you had refused to sign it would make any difference in the end. they ALWAYS pull the “it’ll be ok” bit as a rule, but has anyone ever heard of a case where someone refused to sign and got off scot free?

I have. Twice.

And if you sign, sign with Mickey Mouse or something …

or
Jack Meoff.

[quote=“bushibanned”]BLUEDOG THIS IS SNYPER: Are you off your tits?!!!
NEVER EVER EVER
sign anything no matter what kind of BS line they feed you. If you check back in similar threads, lots of foreigners were tricked into signing something after being told they wouldn’t get into any trouble… and they always do. Remember Julie?!![/quote]

I signed. First I wrote my own personal declaration on their piece of paper, in English and then signed to that. It was the only signature they were getting from me.

I walked away free.

Hi
I spent the whole morning on the phone. Finally got hold of the woman who busted me (I asked her info before she left) and she actually returned my call when she said she will!

I told her again that I had no idea what was going on, that I pay my taxes, etc etc…and that I will get as far away from that boss and school as possible. She told me not to, because my boss really helped me. She said it’s the first time in 5 yrs that she sees a boss put his neck on the line for his teacher. And they did make a huge scene while she was there…touching my shoulder, going on and on that they lied to me and that it’s their fault. So she told me that I should still work at their anchiban…

She said that I will not have any record…Luckily I did have an ARC, work permit, tax receipts etc. She says people who get deported usually are working with no ARC…then she chatted about what a crappy job she has…

sooo, I guess I’m safe! I did get a warning though, so if I’m caught again, I may get a thicker ruler across the fingers.

Bloody hell! See? The cute 'uns always get away with it! Just kidding, Battery9. I’m really glad things seem to have worked out. Call me an old fool as well if you want, but if it were me, I’d be thinking about a basket of fruit or something for your boss. Sounds like she really did go out on a limb for you.

Yeah, I said I will still help with the graduation show, thats degrading enough!! :slight_smile:

Erm… at the kindergarten? Isn’t that a really unwise move?

Glad things worked out for you.
So, those people at kindies can breathe a little sigh of relief as long as they have an ARC.

Um, NO, that’s not my impression at least. IF this turns out to be a positive ending (and I’d give it 4 months before we declare it one), it will be an exception to the rule. Folks, don’t work illegally at a kindy! Don’t sign anything! And Battery9, don’t hang around for that graduation show – if the boss doesn’t understand the excuse for this one, he/she isn’t human!

I wasn’t advocating people going out and getting kindy jobs. I was just saying those people who have a legitimate ARC could worry a little less.

I’m doing the “glass half-full” thing.