Buxiban Licensing Consultant

hi all-

does anyone have the contact details for a consultant who helps with preparations and licensing for buxibans? I’ve been told that such services exist. Appreciate your help.

thanks!

in taipei city, or where?

Thanks for the reply. In Taichung, but I’m guessing a TPE based consultant would either do it or refer to someone local (it’s probably worth it to them as I’ve heard this can cost about 150K or so).

quick search turned this up, seems place to ask

220.130.60.98/tseea4/modules/contact/

thanks. we’re seeing if they have any information…more of an association of cram schools. was hoping to get a recommendation from someone who’s used a consultant themselves.

Consultants are only required if you feel nervous about doing things yourself. I used consultants for my first school. I was referred to them, and was told they were highly experienced in what we needed. It was a total crock of shite. They screwed up the paperwork from start to finish, charged a lot for it, and generally didn’t know what the hell they were doing. We had three different consulatants…one for the business registration, one for the fire inspection, and one for the foreign teacher paperwork. All three of them completely buggered things up. For #2 we decided to do all the paperwork ourselves, and were pleasantly surprised by how straightforward and easy it was. The government departments involved are actually very happy to walk you through the process. It’s also nice to not have to spend 100K + on a service that really isn’t needed. We do all our own paperwork now.

As each city and county has its own buxiban regulations, it’s best to contact the buxiban association for your area. They can help you figure out what you need to do, or refer you to a consultant that has a good reputation if you feel you need one.

You can get by with a good architect and and accountant.

1 Like

thanks all. really good advice. there’s just a lot we obviously don’t know how to do, including how to sponsor my own visa.

i have used one, and it was the taipei bushiban association :slight_smile:

as da says, each place can be different. the building and fire safety regs in taipei are ever changing and each inspector can have their own view of things. wouldn’t have liked to do it on my own. building and fire is where most of the cost should come in.

a word of advice, however you go figure it out BEFORE you rent/buy a place if not too late, there may be insurmountable or expensive fire or building safety problems associated with it. the taipei assn. goes with you to a place beforehand to check as part of the overall process.

is this an email? or a website?

Geez, I guess that made sense in 2007

2 Likes