Buy laptop-for VCD, CD, DVD, and TV hook-up?

My CD player quit working, and I don’t have a VCD/DVD player for the TV, but want one. I also want to buy a laptop. I don’t have the cash, and I don’t like to have more stuff than necessary.

If I buy a laptop, can I use it to listen play CDs, VCDs, and DVDs, and hook it up to my TV to watch movies?

Thanks.

Yes, as long as it has video outputs for the TV (not the PC monitor out).
Audio should be no problem as I assume this to be standard nowadays but you may need an adapter-cable.

[quote=“alwayslol”]My CD player quit working, and I don’t have a VCD/DVD player for the TV, but want one. I also want to buy a laptop. I don’t have the cash, and I don’t like to have more stuff than necessary.

If I buy a laptop, can I use it to listen play CDs, VCDs, and DVDs, and hook it up to my TV to watch movies?

Thanks.[/quote]

get a XBOX. it will do all that and easier than the laptop (where u have to play with software stuff, decoders, etc.)

only 7000+ NTD!

I use a Mac and it does all that. I hook it up to whatever TV I’m using to watch DVDs … I can also burn DVDs too, which most Windows-based laptops are still trying to catch up to.

What’s really important is that you MAKE SURE that the laptop you buy has TV-out … What this usually means is a S-Video port that goes into many of the modern TV’s that have a S-Video port. Therefore, your computer should support video “mirroring” in NTSC (for the US/Taiwan) and PAL (most of the rest of the world). A lot of laptops will play DVDs, and will even mirror with the video signal from the monitor, but that can’t be used with a conventional TV set. You have to have a special S-Video port or some kind of other 3rd party box to translate the signal.